It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Round 1 - Luke Joeckel OT Texas a&m

Round 2 - Robert Woods WR Southern California

Round 4 - William Gholston DE Michigan St.

Round 5 - Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia

Round 6 - Josh Boyd DT Miss St.

#2 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

If Rambo fell to the 5th, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But, you probably know he goes to UGA not Auburn.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,683 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I can't see Woods in the 2nd, Gholston in the 4th or Rambo in the 5th. They'll all be before ahead of where you projects them at.

Would not take any OL in the 1st or 2nd. What happened to drafting needs? DT, FS, CB

#4 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Crap, I put a 7th rounder in mine. One website said we didn't and the other said we did. Oh well. Your mock draft, I'd be fine with except I don't know about taking a DE at all.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,683 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Crap, I put a 7th rounder in mine. One website said we didn't and the other said we did. Oh well. Your mock draft, I'd be fine with except I don't know about taking a DE at all.

No one knows yet. It'll be at the end of the season till we know if we lose a 6th or 7th for Murphy. It better be a 7th though with the poo performance he has given us

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

eh. I suppose.

And isn't Rambo from UGA?

edit: hmmm, when I replied there were no others, heh. Someone else already addressed Rambo's school :)

#7 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

No one knows yet. It'll be at the end of the season till we know if we lose a 6th or 7th for Murphy. It better be a 7th though with the poo performance he has given us

What about that trade for Colin Jones from San Francisco?

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

I'd rather take a DT than a DE.

#9 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

I just watched the Florida game with Luke Joeckel going against DE Dante Fowler jr. and OLB Lerentee McCray. Joeckel had his way against Fowler because that guy is just plain terrible. Fowler needs to bulk up a lot to even begin to have any kind of pass rush, but he's only a freshman. McCray, on the other hand, had a much better pass rush and beat Jockel on a few plays, even to the inside, which shouldn't happen. We'll know more as more recent footage starts to pop up on the internet.

#10 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I just watched the Florida game with Luke Joeckel going against DE Dante Fowler jr. and OLB Lerentee McCray. Joeckel had his way against Fowler because that guy is just plain terrible. Fowler needs to bulk up a lot to even begin to have any kind of pass rush, but he's only a freshman. McCray, on the other hand, had a much better pass rush and beat Jockel on a few plays, even to the inside, which shouldn't happen. We'll know more as more recent footage starts to pop up on the internet.

i watched that game live, and McCray did have a nice game vs Joeckel. but he has not had a bad game sense than plus he goes up against one of the better pass rushers in practice everyday(Moore). he should get a look this weekend vs Bama.

#11 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Woods won't be there in the second IF he comes out which isn't a given.....

That said, if all these players fell and we had this draft I would be pretty stoked....

#12 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Like I saidi it's still way too early, most of these picks are just bigger name guys that I like.

It's tough to say where certain guys will go right now, vontaze burfict was a top 15 player in November last year and he went in the 7th?

DT is probably a bigger need over DE with the emergence of our young guns, and the aging of our average DT's.

I also should've noted I expect us to pick up 1 or 2 impact d-linemen/d-back in free agency.

Thanks for the feed back though guys.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Like I saidi it's still way too early, most of these picks are just bigger name guys that I like.

It's tough to say where certain guys will go right now, vontaze burfict was a top 15 player in November last year and he went in the 7th?

DT is probably a bigger need over DE with the emergence of our young guns, and the aging of our average DT's.

I also should've noted I expect us to pick up 1 or 2 impact d-linemen/d-back in free agency.

Thanks for the feed back though guys.

While I'll agree that draft positions are constantly in flux, using Vontaze to illustrate this isn't the best example. Vontaze's play had nothing to do with him plummeting down draft boards....

#14 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

While I'll agree that draft positions are constantly in flux, using Vontaze to illustrate this isn't the best example. Vontaze's play had nothing to do with him plummeting down draft boards....

He's just the most recent example.

How about jarrett going to us in the second when he was a sure fire first rounder in 07?

Woods is a better player IMO but I think there's always that chance he slips just enough to get picked in the top 5 of the second round.

#15 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

He's just the most recent example.

How about jarrett going to us in the second when he was a sure fire first rounder in 07?

Woods is a better player IMO but I think there's always that chance he slips just enough to get picked in the top 5 of the second round.

If Woods slips it's not going to be for questions about his ability. It's going to be for the lingering ankle injury that may very well bring him back for his Senior year....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com