Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bwood's way too early mock with no analysis

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Like I saidi it's still way too early, most of these picks are just bigger name guys that I like.

It's tough to say where certain guys will go right now, vontaze burfict was a top 15 player in November last year and he went in the 7th?

DT is probably a bigger need over DE with the emergence of our young guns, and the aging of our average DT's.

I also should've noted I expect us to pick up 1 or 2 impact d-linemen/d-back in free agency.

Thanks for the feed back though guys.

While I'll agree that draft positions are constantly in flux, using Vontaze to illustrate this isn't the best example. Vontaze's play had nothing to do with him plummeting down draft boards....

Posted

While I'll agree that draft positions are constantly in flux, using Vontaze to illustrate this isn't the best example. Vontaze's play had nothing to do with him plummeting down draft boards....

He's just the most recent example.

How about jarrett going to us in the second when he was a sure fire first rounder in 07?

Woods is a better player IMO but I think there's always that chance he slips just enough to get picked in the top 5 of the second round.

Posted

He's just the most recent example.

How about jarrett going to us in the second when he was a sure fire first rounder in 07?

Woods is a better player IMO but I think there's always that chance he slips just enough to get picked in the top 5 of the second round.

If Woods slips it's not going to be for questions about his ability. It's going to be for the lingering ankle injury that may very well bring him back for his Senior year....

Posted

I think he'll take his 2nd round grade and get into the league before he'll risk hurting his stock even more for next season.

Posted

I think he'll take his 2nd round grade and get into the league before he'll risk hurting his stock even more for next season.

It's not just the ankle injury that's making him consider staying either. He loves everything about USC, and college. He wants to graduate, and he loves playing with his HS teammates Marqise Lee and George Farmer. Do not be shocked if Woods ends up staying his Senior year....

Posted

It's not just the ankle injury that's making him consider staying either. He loves everything about USC, and college. He wants to graduate, and he loves playing with his HS teammates Marqise Lee and George Farmer. Do not be shocked if Woods ends up staying his Senior year....

Ill take your word for it and won't be shocked, since I'm not a USC fan.

Just knowing how the draft process though, I won't be surprised if he declares and goes in the high 2nd either.

Posted

What about that trade for Colin Jones from San Francisco?

That's a 2014 7th

Posted

That's a 2014 7th

Ohhh okay.

Posted

That draft would be straight up amazing, never happen though. Josh Boyd is a good player too

Posted

Like I said, it's still way too early. My next mock already looks significantly different.