Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

President Obama thanking his staff

34 posts in this topic

Posted

There are some other huge differences besides health care between the Obama administration and a potential McCain administration.

• Advanced a timely troop withdrawal from Iraq and ended the war
  • Appointed Sotomayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court, both pro-choice
  • Big 3 auto bailout which McCain opposed
  • Reauthorized Children's Health insurance Program, which was vetoed by Bush and opposed by McCain
  • Brought an end to Don't Ask Don't Tell
  • Signed the Dodd-Frank Reform and Consumer Protection Act which McCain would have vetoed, and established the Consumer Protection Bureau
  • Eliminated restrictions on stem cell research

The differences in terms of energy and education are pretty large as well.

2 people like this

Posted

Did anyone else notice in the first few sentences that he seems to loathe Ronald Reagon... It's like he despises him and his ideas. Pay attention to how he says his name and his facial expressions.

That's why this country will go down the tubes... He really is that far apart from One of the best Presidents of all time!

Posted

Did anyone else notice in the first few sentences that he seems to loathe Ronald Reagon... It's like he despises him and his ideas. Pay attention to how he says his name and his facial expressions.

That's why this country will go down the tubes... He really is that far apart from One of the best Presidents of all time!

He is far apart from Reagan. Reagan raised taxes, Obama hasn't.

Posted

President can't raise taxes, Numbnuts

Posted

I'll keep that quote ready to paste for the next 4 years

But I'll blank out the bad word after the comma because I'm a great person

Posted

I'll keep that quote ready to paste for the next 4 years

But I'll blank out the bad word after the comma because I'm a great person

He can't. Reagan didn't raise taxes. Tip O'Neill and the Democratic Congress did. Clinton didn't lower taxes. Newt Gingrich and the Republican Congress did. Obama wants to with every fiber of his being, but his first two years he and Pelosi knew it was economic suicide and his last two years the Republican House wouldn't let him. Here's hoping they keep him in check the next four years, as well.

Posted

He can't. Reagan didn't raise taxes. Tip O'Neill and the Democratic Congress did. Clinton didn't lower taxes. Newt Gingrich and the Republican Congress did. Obama wants to with every fiber of his being, but his first two years he and Pelosi knew it was economic suicide and his last two years the Republican House wouldn't let him. Here's hoping they keep him in check the next four years, as well.

Well that's just untrue. Republicans controlled congress for 6 of Reagan's 8 years, and presided over several of his tax hikes. The Tax Equity Act of 82 (republican congress) that he signed increased taxes a great deal, in fact the biggest non-war increase in American history. The Tax Reform Act of 86 was Reagan's own baby, which significantly raised taxes on lower income people. Even Gingrich has said he fought against Reagan raising taxes. The dude raised them like a dozen times.

Posted

Well that's just untrue. Republicans controlled congress for 6 of Reagan's 8 years, and presided over several of his tax hikes. The Tax Equity Act of 82 (republican congress) that he signed increased taxes a great deal, in fact the biggest non-war increase in American history. The Tax Reform Act of 86 was Reagan's own baby, which significantly raised taxes on lower income people. Even Gingrich has said he fought against Reagan raising taxes. The dude raised them like a dozen times.

You made all this up.

Posted

I closed my eyes and just started typing and my heart decided what words came out

Posted

Just waiting for Meat to bitch about the deficit getting bigger under Obama's first 4 years so the level of hypocrisy can reach critical mass.