33 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

He can't. Reagan didn't raise taxes. Tip O'Neill and the Democratic Congress did. Clinton didn't lower taxes. Newt Gingrich and the Republican Congress did. Obama wants to with every fiber of his being, but his first two years he and Pelosi knew it was economic suicide and his last two years the Republican House wouldn't let him. Here's hoping they keep him in check the next four years, as well.

Well that's just untrue. Republicans controlled congress for 6 of Reagan's 8 years, and presided over several of his tax hikes. The Tax Equity Act of 82 (republican congress) that he signed increased taxes a great deal, in fact the biggest non-war increase in American history. The Tax Reform Act of 86 was Reagan's own baby, which significantly raised taxes on lower income people. Even Gingrich has said he fought against Reagan raising taxes. The dude raised them like a dozen times.

#32 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well that's just untrue. Republicans controlled congress for 6 of Reagan's 8 years, and presided over several of his tax hikes. The Tax Equity Act of 82 (republican congress) that he signed increased taxes a great deal, in fact the biggest non-war increase in American history. The Tax Reform Act of 86 was Reagan's own baby, which significantly raised taxes on lower income people. Even Gingrich has said he fought against Reagan raising taxes. The dude raised them like a dozen times.

You made all this up.

#33 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

I closed my eyes and just started typing and my heart decided what words came out

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Just waiting for Meat to bitch about the deficit getting bigger under Obama's first 4 years so the level of hypocrisy can reach critical mass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com