7 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,508 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

It appears that we will be seeing a change at a few posts in Obama's cabinet...here's some potential candidates that are floating around the news (asterisk=my guess):

Sec. of State (currently: Hill-dog)

Jon Huntsman [Chinese Ambassador]
John Kerry [Ketchup]
**Susan Rice [UN Ambassador]

Rice is very close to Obama, Huntsman would be an interesting swerve and Kerry is willing to do anything to get the position. This is a toss-up.

Treasury Secretary

Erskine Bowles
**Jacob Lew
Larry Fink
Jamie Dimon
Robert Zoellick
Roger Altman

A lot, and I mean a lot of potential choices. This will be the first and most interesting move made imo by the administration.

http://www.efinancia...asury-secretary

Sec. of Defense (Leon Panetta)

**Michelle Flournoy
John Hamre
Chuck Hagle

This is the most obvious one imo pending Panetta's retirement. She would be the first female Sec. of Defense and she is currently at the top of the Pentagon's pyramid.

#2 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Listened to a female from iran/iraq, can't recall, on the local talk radio the other day say something that I had never thought of, and honestly makes me wonder if it's possible.

She was saying that America needs men at the top of the food chain as many in her region do not respect women at all. Last two secretaries of state have been women.

Thought it was funny coming from a woman who is now an American citizen.

And please don't start with the woman hate thing, I could not care less who is the next S of S, as long as they understand the middle east inside and out.

#3 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,508 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Listened to a female from iran/iraq, can't recall, on the local talk radio the other day say something that I had never thought of, and honestly makes me wonder if it's possible.

She was saying that America needs men at the top of the food chain as many in her region do not respect women at all. Last two secretaries of state have been women.

Thought it was funny coming from a woman who is now an American citizen.

And please don't start with the woman hate thing, I could not care less who is the next S of S, as long as they understand the middle east inside and out.

The Rice lady was heavily involved with Asian affairs so her and Huntsman would be ideal imo.

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

I think Kerry would be quite good for the job, tbh.

My fear is that Hillary is stepping down because she wants to become Justice Clinton. I wouldn't mind her as President or VP, but on the SCOTUS she'd actually have direct power relevant to her desire to ban everything like violent vidya games and movies.

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Add Petraus to the list.

Betray us now has new meaning. To his wife anyway

http://www.nbcnewyor...-178159541.html

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Obama knew he was going to resign and wanted to save face so he sent someone in to seduce him.

#7 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Smells a little fishy.

#8 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER