Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Former NY Giants GM Ernie Accorsi Hired To Search For Panthers GM

107 posts in this topic

I wouldn't discount Kevin Abrams as an option here.

2 people like this

I wouldn't discount Kevin Abrams as an option here.

after the contractual mess that hurney left, that might not be a bad idea.

Ok...I'm officially sold on Marc Ross. We need this guy, and this definitely looks to be the first step towards that. Would we be able to hire Ross THIS season since he's not an active GM?

GM or not we have to wait until the Giants season is over to even interview him.

I'm for Marc Ross because I literally couldn't name 1 other person eligible.

after the contractual mess that hurney left, that might not be a bad idea.

Ross is the next profile I'm writing. After that, Omar Khan, then Kevin Abrams and probably Doug Whaley. I'll be checking Accorsi's history for other connections too.

From what I've read on Ross so far, he has zero cap management exposure. That worries me a bit. He'd need to bring someone along with some experience there.

Glad we hired someone this early. It gives him plenty of time to find the best canidate for the job...

1 person likes this

Ross is the next profile I'm writing. After that, Omar Khan, then Kevin Abrams and probably Doug Whaley. I'll be checking Accorsi's history for other connections too.

From what I've read on Ross so far, he has zero cap management exposure. That worries me a bit. He'd need to bring someone along with some experience there.

i wouldn't mind us going back to having one guy handle the cap and another handle personnel decisions.

2 people like this

Is it still a possibility to bring in a Cap guy also?

1 person likes this

Glad we hired someone this early. It gives him plenty of time to find the best canidate for the job...

i'm just glad we hired someone with a respectable team and not the browns or something like that.

this guy comes with enough clout and respect as well as enough knowledge within the league to get a good hire.

having JR outsource this was a brilliant idea.

Give me a football guy at the top and a contract/cap guy below him.

We need talent, and need to know when to let it go just as much.

2 people like this

i'm just glad we hired someone with a respectable team and not the browns or something like that.

this guy comes with enough clout and respect as well as enough knowledge within the league to get a good hire.

having JR outsource this was a brilliant idea.

Definitely a great hire! Hope this is the beginning of something special.

i wouldn't mind us going back to having one guy handle the cap and another handle personnel decisions.

Me too.

Is it still a possibility to bring in a Cap guy also?

Absolutely.

Give me a football guy at the top and a contract/cap guy below him.

We need talent, and need to know when to let it go just as much.

That's an ongoing debate.