108 replies to this topic

#61 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'll fix it guys.

I called the pick of Cam, Keek, Norman just in the last 2 years as locks.

I'm going to get a job in being a beat writer tomorrow. I'll be hired as the Panthers GM in about 10 years from there. I'm bringing my Playstation.

#62 bigmanstew

bigmanstew

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I wish they would hire him full time for the next 5 years and let him groom a replacement like he did with the NYG.

#63 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

One thing for sure, if you really look into Marc Ross, I think you will find that you hope he DOESN"T get the job

#64 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

i'm just glad we hired someone with a respectable team and not the browns or something like that.

this guy comes with enough clout and respect as well as enough knowledge within the league to get a good hire.

having JR outsource this was a brilliant idea.

That moment when you realize ERnie Accorsi was a part of the Browns organization before the Giants, so yea, ANOTHER BROWN

#65 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

One thing for sure, if you really look into Marc Ross, I think you will find that you hope he DOESN"T get the job

You gonna leave us hanging like that? I'm to lazy I need the info without the work.

have some mud pie

#66 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

If you look at his draft record, whom he has scouted, you will find its very unimpressive. He can only be credited with the 2008-2012 draft. JPP is the only one on there that is a home run. I will give him JPP and Victor Cruz, that is all. Just hope we land someone with a better track record

#67 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

this is a really good sign, btw.

the guy knows what's needed.

curious what his ties are to the panthers/charlotte/richardson. i hope very little.

Acorsi worked for The Charlotte News.

#68 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I will also give him terrell thomas, but still kind of blah

#69 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,055 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Like Marty Hurney, Accorsi has a background in journalism. Accorsi is a former reporter for the Charlotte News.

https://mobile.twitt...964961681608704

Accorsi has a winning background. He's well respected in league office, natural fit with Jerry Richardson. Have known each other a while.

https://mobile.twitt...965649841061888

Wow another reporter. We should just get it over with and hire Joe Person.

#70 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ross/Kelly 2013

Hell-o to the Yeah-o.

#71 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,551 posts

That moment when you realize ERnie Accorsi was a part of the Browns organization before the Giants, so yea, ANOTHER BROWN

we aren't hiring him from the browns. in fact he hasn't been a part of them since the early 90's. when he was there, they had one of their few respectable runs....4 winning seasons in a row...of course then they started going back to being the browns that ended up getting moved to baltimore.

#72 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

I will also give him terrell thomas, but still kind of blah

Hakeem Nicks and linval Joesph off the top of my head. You can find more if you try!

#73 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

If you look at his draft record, whom he has scouted, you will find its very unimpressive. He can only be credited with the 2008-2012 draft. JPP is the only one on there that is a home run. I will give him JPP and Victor Cruz, that is all. Just hope we land someone with a better track record

Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed as well

Accorsi is a great, great pick up for leading the search, though. Same guy who got the Falcons to grab Dimitroff, the Giants to name Reese their GM, etc. Good stuff.

#74 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,551 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed as well

Accorsi is a great, great pick up for leading the search, though. Same guy who got the Falcons to grab Dimitroff, the Giants to name Reese their GM, etc. Good stuff.

to be fair, that's a team that really doesn't have a whole lot of holes to fill. it's been pretty complete for years. they don't get a lot of starters out of their drafts because they really don't have a lot of holes for them.

but yeah, it's not like he's going to be the GM himself, he's going to help us find one and he's not only been respectable as a GM, imo, and he's not only coming from a big market team with a ton of connections, but he's also helped find successful GMs for other successful teams....which is all we need him for.

#75 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

He also had the same job with the Eagles where he drafted Brian Westbrook and Lito Shepard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com