108 replies to this topic

#91 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I only expect GMs to draft Jimmy Clausen, Armanti Edwards, and Eric Norwood. Anything more, then great

To be fair Clausen was not a bad pick at the time

#92 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 811 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Oops my bad. I have no clue who he is. I thought he was the giants GM. My bad.

He used to be the Giants' GM. I think he retired in 2006.

#93 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Wonder if this bodes well for the coaching staff...

#94 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,257 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Let's keep in perspective that people thought Dimitroff was a derp until this year. Sam Baker, Peria Jerry, giving up most of their draft to get a #2 WR when they had a ton of holes to fill.

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,189 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Someone get Mr. Scot on his Colts, Browns, and Giants connections

Someone get me some free time. I don't have much lately :lol:

#96 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Let's keep in perspective that people thought Dimitroff was a derp until this year. Sam Baker, Peria Jerry, giving up most of their draft to get a #2 WR when they had a ton of holes to fill.

results are all that matter.

signed,
a former derper

#97 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Wonder if this bodes well for the coaching staff...

a smart manager would look closely to see what rivera and co. do this last half of the season to see if the players are grasping and buying into the system, if it's working, how the players are responding to rivera and the coaches, and it can be built on and worth building on.

#98 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

To be fair Clausen was not a bad pick at the time

tell that to those busted ear drums i caused when i let out a blood curdling "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!111!!1

i hated it. i tried warming up to it and convincing myself that they knew something i didn't about him...but that just wasn't the case. he was who i thought he was.

#99 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,189 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

While we're on this topic, I agree the Accorsi hire increases the chances that someone like Marc Ross or Kevin Abrams gets a shot here (posted such a while back).

But with that said, it's not a lock. Look at the Falcons.

Add in that Accorsi might not just recommend certain candidates, but also might suggest changes in front office structure.

#100 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Like Ross, this will be awesome!

#101 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Winning season every year.
Play offs every year.
8-0 right now.

You're right, he sucks.

#102 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I wouldn't discount Kevin Abrams as an option here.

sorry for getting to this party late- found this blurb on Abrams at the giants web site for guys like me who never heard of Abrams before this

Kevin Abrams is in his 11th season as the Giants’ Assistant General Manager after serving for three years as the team’s salary cap analyst.
Abrams is the primary negotiator for player contracts and is responsible for managing of the Giants’ salary cap and player salary budget as well as related strategic planning for football operations and coordinating the organization’s compliance with the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. Abrams also works with the College and Pro Personnel departments to evaluate players in preparation for the NFL Draft and free agency.
In July of 1999, Abrams was hired to fill the newly-created position of Salary Cap Analyst. He came to the Giants from the NFL Management Council, where he helped to monitor the league-wide salary cap and analyzed all new player contracts with respect to the rules and regulations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Prior to working at the Management Council, Abrams completed internships and graduate assistant work in Player Personnel, Recruiting, Public Relations and Corporate Relations with the Washington Redskins, the Ohio University football program, the Buffalo Bills and the London Monarchs.
Abrams was raised in Toronto, Canada. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Western Ontario, and earned his master’s degree in sports administration from Ohio University where he is currently a member of the Sports Administration Advisory Board.

http://www.giants.co...a5-bd131e8c113d

I wouldnt be a bit suprised if this isnt the type of guy JR is looking for - more attuned to the money end of things - and someone that might be able to work us out of the Hurney money hole we are in.

#103 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

That moment when you realize ERnie Accorsi was a part of the Browns organization before the Giants, so yea, ANOTHER BROWN

lmao

Wow another reporter. We should just get it over with and hire Joe Person.

omg Im friggin busting a gut Im laughing so hard !

#104 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,785 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I don't know if people will like Abrams/Ross just because they don't dole out lavish contract extensions to luxury players in the giants' front office, the environment in which they currently reside

#105 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

While we're on this topic, I agree the Accorsi hire increases the chances that someone like Marc Ross or Kevin Abrams gets a shot here (posted such a while back).

But with that said, it's not a lock. Look at the Falcons.

Add in that Accorsi might not just recommend certain candidates, but also might suggest changes in front office structure.

I think it's a great hire nonetheless, and am i the only who thinks if Ross or Abrams comes here the chances of us signing Hakeem nicks (FA this year, i think Ross drafted him, and Carolina native) increase quite a bit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com