Photo
- - - - -

pff: peyton manning vs. panthers corners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#16 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ultimate test for a secondary, especially if Peyton gets time. Master at getting favorable match-ups.

#17 Papa-Pwn

Papa-Pwn

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

the CBs need to give their receivers NO cusion at all. no soft zone.

when you have a QB that is a master of getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds and controls the game by going 5-7 yards a play...you can't play soft or give the any room at all. any cushion you give is going to turn into yards. every other cushion is going to result in a first down.

surely these guys and these coaches know this. trying to contain will only get you pushed backwards here. the secondary has to make it very uncomfortable to get the ball or get open and they have to buy the Dline another second to get back to peyton.

The thing is, when that happens.. goes deep. If you're going to play at the line, Optimus will eat the secondary alive. 230 lbs running a 4.3, he is our deep threat. He is top 5 in 20 and 40+ yard receptions. Peyton is leading the league in 20+ yard passes, so that helps too.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

panthers lose by three touchdowns easy.

probably but didnt you make a thread about how the panthers were going to get shithoused by new orleans lolololol

if we win this week i'm going to be superstitious as fug. every time fiz makes a lol the panthers are gonna die thread we win. forget bud light labels facing out.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

The thing is, when that happens.. goes deep. If you're going to play at the line, Optimus will eat the secondary alive. 230 lbs running a 4.3, he is our deep threat. He is top 5 in 20 and 40+ yard receptions. Peyton is leading the league in 20+ yard passes, so that helps too.

optimus? wut?

the Dline will make it very uncomfortable for peyton to go deep. he can't hold on to the ball that long.

#20 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I think having rookies for corners helps us out more because peyton is so methodical that he will try and find patterns in their play, but it will end up back firing due to the rookies being rookies and still kind of unconventional the way they cover. If we can get a good rush from the front 4, we should be able to at least slow peyton down.

I lol'd at this and spilled some platinum :(