Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petraeus resigns over 'extramarital affair'

122 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Update:

Theodor Gilbert Morell (July 22, 1886 – May 26, 1948) was German Führer Adolf Hitler's personal physician.

Things are getting interesting.

Posted · Report post

Hah.......

Posted · Report post

Second term curse

Posted · Report post

Anybody who has served in the military will tell you that extramarital affairs are almost the norm for high ranking officers and enlisted personnel. I saw two Sergeant Majors and a Master Guns get burned for it; several officers got burned for it as well. There's nothing like going to Thailand and seeing 1/4th of your chain of command creeping in places they should not be. There is no conspiracy, and anybody who thinks this is outside the realm of possibility is stupid. On a side note, fug this guy anyway; he helped cover-up and falsify the circumstances of Pat Tillman's death.

Posted · Report post

I have very little doubt that Pataeus has had extramarital affairs. I also have very little doubt that it has very little to do with why he resigned.

Posted · Report post

Did you see the chick he was with and his wife?

Posted · Report post

I have very little doubt that Pataeus has had extramarital affairs. I also have very little doubt that it has very little to do with why he resigned.

How do you know? Adultery is a crime under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). If he couldn't keep it under the rug, he would have been forced to resign. If the wrong people found out about it, there wasn't going to be much Obama (or anyone for that matter) could have done to save his career. I doubt that the Administration would let him go down in flames or set him up; imo they will be hard pressed to find a military man with his pedigree that will be as amenable to their agenda.

Posted · Report post

the administration might not, but he might understand that taking the stand would make him (and the CIA) look worse than simply resigning.

and maybe he's f*cking underage boys.

or maybe he actually feels as though what he did was dishonorable enough to warrant his resignation and that he needed to attend to his family... i know that's difficult to grasp in this day and age but it is possible.

Posted · Report post

How do you know? Adultery is a crime under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). If he couldn't keep it under the rug, he would have been forced to resign. If the wrong people found out about it, there wasn't going to be much Obama (or anyone for that matter) could have done to save his career. I doubt that the Administration would let him go down in flames or set him up; imo they will be hard pressed to find a military man with his pedigree that will be as amenable to their agenda.

I don't think the administration left him high and dry. I think that he resigned to protect the administrations secrets. Whether he was forced to or not, I can not say.

Adultery may be a crime to your average uniformed officer, but here's a newflash for you guy - He's no longer employed by the military, he formally retired in August of 2011 and he was last in active service in 2010. He's the director of the CIA and UCMJ no longer legally applies to him.

Posted · Report post

We feel that the wrong people found out about it a long time ago and held this over his head. When his testimony threatened the presidency, this shoe dropped.

Posted · Report post

the administration might not, but he might understand that taking the stand would make him (and the CIA) look worse than simply resigning.

Maybe he's tied in the Torry government across the pond.

Posted · Report post

He was f*cking the woman who wrote the recent book about him. Saw her tonight. Hawt. Went to Harvard and West Point, too, so she wasn't a bimbo.