Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petraeus resigns over 'extramarital affair'

122 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe he's tied in the Torry government across the pond.

maybe he got a better paying gig running guns.

Posted

We feel that the wrong people found out about it a long time ago and held this over his head. When his testimony threatened the presidency, this shoe dropped.

Well let's not let reality get in the way of your feels.

Posted

Benghazi is reality. The fact that Hillary and Petraeus, two people who were questioned about it before the election and were set to get drilled about it after, are both leaving/already gone doesn't pass the smell test. Unless you think Obama shits rainbows.

Posted

I don't think the administration left him high and dry. I think that he resigned to protect the administrations secrets. Whether he was forced to or not, I can not say.

Adultery may be a crime to your average uniformed officer, but here's a newflash for you guy - He's no longer employed by the military, he formally retired in August of 2011 and he was last in active service in 2010. He's the director of the CIA and UCMJ no longer legally applies to him.

Good point; I didn't consider that. I'm sure in a couple of weeks more information will come to light through "anonymous sources".

1 person likes this

Posted

Benghazi is reality. The fact that Hillary and Petraeus, two people who were questioned about it before the election and were set to get drilled about it after, are both leaving/already gone doesn't pass the smell test. Unless you think Obama shits rainbows.

Hillary announced she was leaving like a year ago.

Posted

just doesn't look right. sorry.

Posted

Neither did building 7 I guess

1 person likes this

Posted

rise above rodeo. come on man.

Posted

what? you guys are acting like fools. "it doesn't feel right. it doesn't look right. something's fishy." it's a conspiracy theory based on nothing but your feelings. at least the Truthers actually pretend to have evidence.

I have a feeling there is no national debt. Economy solved.

1 person likes this

Posted

aren't you super quick to dismiss this? i'm not rushing to judgment but the little bit of domino's that have fallen so far don't add up.

it will end up being nothing because of what will be spin control but just doesn't add up.

didn't this gen have something on twitter a few weeks ago about libya?

i guess ima have to talk to my nsa connection and see what's up.

Posted

Would you deny that Patraeus can't stand Obama?

So since this affair is "out" now, what's to stop him from just being like "uh they blackmailed me." He has no vested interest in protecting Obama, especially since he's unemployed now and will be at Haliburton by Monday.

Your theory doesn't hold water.

Posted

guy is in charge of maintaining THE biggest secrets in the world and can't keep his own? sure there was some friction.

it doesn't matter. you have the objectivity of a baboon.