Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers_Lover

Petraeus resigns over 'extramarital affair'

122 posts in this topic

sheeple is just low lying fruit now.

haha i didn't mean you, i should've been more specific. ive been going back and forth between here and facebook and watching religious conservatives losing their minds over this, and that above-mentioned premise is behind it. that process is evident in a lot of posters here as well.

watching Joe Republican's response to all this has made me wonder what reactions would be like if 9-11 had happened under obama. the level of "obama caused this, he's a muzzie" conjecture would be through the roof. there would be literal riots in the streets. fox news would be playing Loose Change on constant loop through 2016.

the level of blind partisanship over this is staggering.

I forget the exact numbers, but a poll was done in which more than 25% of americans believed that GWB had a hand in or knew in advance of 9-11. Democrats believed this at a far higher rate than republicans. I imagine if say Gore had won, the roles would have been reversed. There are some who will always believe the worst of the other side reguardless of how ridiculous some of the assertions are.

Of course, I still believe that Cowboy fans are evil, but in that case, its true. :)

Regarding the resignation, I do think that there is more to it than just the affair. But by more, I don't mean conspiracy crap, just that Petraeus has had a very high profile and public life over the last 5 or so years. I think years of combat and watching his men die, the criticisms of the CIA irt Benghazi and now the affair being discovered likely made him want to just drop back and punt, maybe re-evaluate his life and try to fix his family problems. At least I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

Exposure of an extramarital affair is enough to get a security clearance suspended/pulled.

The woman involved was already under investigation by the FBI for having access to classified materials without an appropriate clearance or "the need to know".

Patreaus might have been able to delay the inevitable, but this issue was not about to go away.

His behavior hardly set a good example for those within his chain of command or any other government agency for that matter.

How would he deal ethically with individuals committing similar violations?

His position was untenable and he did the right thing by resigning.

can we get an IP check on the ol' gipper there?

A casket in Simi Valley Cock sucker.

1 person likes this

Ronnie, Ronnie, there you go again... what have I told you about throwing stones?

Wyman’s 1940 marriage to Ronald Reagan, thus, was her third. The two had been living together since the spring of 1938--while Wyman was still Mrs. Futterman. (She divorced her Jewish husband in December 1938.)

Early in 1952, “Nancy told [Reagan] she was pregnant. He drove to Christine’s house and . . . told her what had happened and how trapped he felt. ‘He wondered if Nancy was tricking him into marriage.’” (91) (A few evenings later he supposedly forced himself on Selene Walters.) When daughter Patti was born, October 21, 1952, “Reagan was not with [Nancy] in the hospital because he was with Christine Larson. In tears, he told her that his life was ruined . . . [H]e kept on seeing the Wisconsin actress on the sly. Their affair ended shortly after Patti was born.”

http://www.solargene...a0.html?id=3554

Your Alzheimer's must be catching up with you. Tsk, tsk, you old adulterer you!

^^So you're messin around with a dead dude?

Racists, Pedos, and now Necros. Oh my.

-Iran-Contra

-Trickle Down Voodoo Derpanomics, still haunting our economy from the great beyond

-Increased the deficit by trillions, a record at the time

-The war on drugs and American citizens really got started, incarceration rates were laughable and incredibly racist

-Shifted the tax burden to the working middle class

-etc.

thats-so-reagan.jpg

seriously the worst alt ever. unless you're just a gimmick poster which in that case is even more pathetic.

His behavior hardly set a good example for those within his chain of command or any other government agency for that matter.

How would he deal ethically with individuals committing similar violations?

His position was untenable and he did the right thing by resigning.

Of course you're right, resignation would be the right thing to do.

MonicaLewinskyCigar.jpg

Back on topic.

No one is scared of a 150 post gimmick dipsh*t like you.

Please stick around. Let's see if you actually have more than one trick.