Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denver...

95 posts in this topic

Posted

How the hell are y'all in Cali panther fans??

I'm pretty much the only one in my family that lives in Cali. And my dad. Everybody else is in NC. So I adopted the Panthers in 1996-97ish because fug the Raiders and the 49ers. I might not be in NC right now, but my heart and family are and I promise i hold it down for the Panthers at away games in enemy territory way more than some of the wine and cheesers I keep hearing about on here. The day i get to go to a home Panthers game, its fuging over. I plan on making my millions at California wages and real estate prices and moving to NC when I retire.

1 person likes this

Posted

Weed won't inebriate you like alcohol will, downside, it will kill your lungs faster than cigs.

Posted

Weed won't inebriate you like alcohol will, downside, it will kill your lungs faster than cigs.

Amazingly uninformed post here. Casual marijuana usage does not harm the lungs in any way.

Posted

It wouldn't have mattered if Bill Clinton inhaled, as far as his lungs are concerned. Smoking up to a joint per day doesn't seem to decrease lung function, according to a study published in Jan. 11 edition of Journal of the American Medical Association.

In fact, occasional marijuana use was associated with slight increases in lung airflow rates and increases in lung volume, the study found.

Far from a license to light up, the study eases the worry among some health professionals that daily use of marijuana for medical reasons could have negative, long-term implications on pulmonary health.

The study, led by Mark Pletcher of the University of California, San Francisco, compared the effects of both cigarette and marijuana smoking over a period of 20 years in a group of more than 5,000 adults, part of a longitudinal study called Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA).

The data revealed nothing new about tobacco: As exposure to tobacco goes up, lung capacity in terms of the amount of air a smoker can exhale goes down. It's a linear relationship.

Not so with marijuana. More pot smoking was associated with increases in lung capacity up to a level equivalent to about one joint per day for seven years or one joint per week for up to 49 years. Only at levels of marijuana smoking higher than this did the researchers see a leveling off and then potential reversal of this relationship to improved lung capacity.

The increase in lung function at low levels was very small, said study researcher Stefan Kertesz, a professor of preventive medicine at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. It was about 50 milliliters, or the size of a kid's juice box.

The researchers don't know why light-to-moderate pot use might subtly improve lung function. It could be that marijuana users inadvertently train themselves to be good at the inhalation and exhalation test because they "practice" deep breathing when they smoke pot, Kertesz told LiveScience. The airflow increase, then, is not necessarily an indicator of healthier lungs.

http://news.yahoo.com/casual-marijuana-smoking-not-harmful-lungs-210807253.html

Posted

It actually can increase your lung function.

The more you know!

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh man ignorant people like you that just believe bullshit like what you just said are the reason why this country is the crapper.

Please, if you can go find ONE negative fact on marijuana that isn't bullshit like what you just posted, I will leave this forum forever and pay pal you all the money in my bank account.

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh man ignorant people like you that just believe bullshit like what you just said are the reason why this country is the crapper.

Please, if you can go find ONE negative fact on marijuana that isn't bullshit like what you just posted, I will leave this forum forever and pay pal you all the money in my bank account.

It can have adverse psychological affects. Especially in chronic users. I can attest to this.

Posted

It can have adverse psychological affects. Especially in chronic users. I can attest to this.

Define adverse psychological affects, because I am a chronic user and I'm fine.

Posted

Define adverse psychological affects, because I am a chronic user and I'm fine.

Don't be obtuse. Not every chronic tobacco user gets lung cancer, just like not every chronic marijuana user is going to experience psychological affects.

Chronic marijuana use has been associated with anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders and depression.

According to this study, THC may trigger psychosis by interfering with the brain's ability to distinguish between important and unimportant stimuli that constantly flood the various regions in the brain.

I personally, developed an anxiety disorder, (whether or not it was created by marijuana I have no way of proving) and would have massive panic attacks at least once a day, if not multiple times a day.

One thing that triggered my attacks was getting high. I had attacks while not high, but literally every time I would smoke I would have one. I started to mentally associate the feeling of dying (if you've ever had a real panic attack you know what I'm talking about) with the feeling of getting high from pot.

I subsequently haven't smoked pot for about 5 years, and I haven't had any attacks in about 3 years.

I don't necessarily believe that smoking weed caused my disorder, but it sure as fug didn't help it. I'm to the point now that my disorder has abated that I'm thinking about smoking again, because I used to really enjoy it. Make no mistake though - I was not your average user. I have three marijuana related felony convictions with 19 total felony charges. I used to smoke all day every day. I'm not some uninformed person on this topic.

Posted

Don't be obtuse. Not every chronic tobacco user gets lung cancer, just like not every chronic marijuana user is going to experience psychological affects.

Chronic marijuana use has been associated with anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders and depression.

According to this study, THC may trigger psychosis by interfering with the brain's ability to distinguish between important and unimportant stimuli that constantly flood the various regions in the brain.

I personally, developed an anxiety disorder, (whether or not it was created by marijuana I have no way of proving) and would have massive panic attacks at least once a day, if not multiple times a day.

One thing that triggered my attacks was getting high. I had attacks while not high, but literally every time I would smoke I would have one. I started to mentally associate the feeling of dying (if you've ever had a real panic attack you know what I'm talking about) with the feeling of getting high from pot.

I subsequently haven't smoked pot for about 5 years, and I haven't had any attacks in about 3 years.

I don't necessarily believe that smoking weed caused my disorder, but it sure as fug didn't help it. I'm to the point now that my disorder has abated that I'm thinking about smoking again, because I used to really enjoy it. Make no mistake though - I was not your average user. I have three marijuana related felony convictions with 19 total felony charges. I used to smoke all day every day. I'm not some uninformed person on this topic.

I hear my friends complain about the same stuff all the time, being too anxious or feeling paranoid. You can call that 'negative' if you want but to me it's just a medication having a certain effect one a certain person, just like if I take some adderall I'll feel that way.

I've never had any problems in my entire life, and I'm sorry that happened to you and you aren't able to enjoy the beautiful flower anymore, but when I mean negative I'm talking about something equivalent to the side effects of alcohol. I can't stand when some hick that probably drinks mass amounts of alcohol blurts something out like "That mary jew anna causes lung cancer worse than cigarettes!"

I'm sure as someone who use to smoke, you understand this frustration...

Posted

I thought Zod said no more personal attacks, Mods ban this guy....

Posted

I hear my friends complain about the same stuff all the time, being too anxious or feeling paranoid. You can call that 'negative' if you want but to me it's just a medication having a certain effect one a certain person, just like if I take some adderall I'll feel that way.

I've never had any problems in my entire life, and I'm sorry that happened to you and you aren't able to enjoy the beautiful flower anymore, but when I mean negative I'm talking about something equivalent to the side effects of alcohol. I can't stand when some hick that probably drinks mass amounts of alcohol blurts something out like "That mary jew anna causes lung cancer worse than cigarettes!"

I'm sure as someone who use to smoke, you understand this frustration...

You clearly don't understand how serious an acute anxiety disorder can be. It's almost debilitative, hardly something to shrug off as "being too anxious or feeling paranoid".

Having a real panic attack feels like you're fuging dying. It's very similar to the feeling of a heart attack.

That said, I'm pro marijuana, don't get it twisted. But don't act like there's no possible ill effects of it's use.