Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Eighty-Eight Percent of Romney Voters Were White

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#73 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

In 59 voting districts in Philadelphia, Mitt Romney got zero votes.

Tony Romo could have done better. But there weren't any voting shenanigans going on in the important swing states.

#74 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Fun fact - It was the Democratic Party that instituted Jim Crow laws, and was the primary proponent of segregation legislation.

Another fun fact: Those "social conservatives" were only Democrats because blacks overwhelmingly supported the Republican party at the time, as it had a civil rights platform. Once Truman and other northern liberals put civil rights on the agenda for democrats, those jim crowers left in droves to form the Dixiecrats and the present day Republican party. Its not the party itself, but the MENTALITY of the people in the party that dictates what is what.

#75 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Another fun fact: Those "social conservatives" were only Democrats because blacks overwhelmingly supported the Republican party at the time, as it had a civil rights platform. Once Truman and other northern liberals put civil rights on the agenda for democrats, those jim crowers left in droves to form the Dixiecrats and the present day Republican party. Its not the party itself, but the MENTALITY of the people in the party that dictates what is what.

Indeed, indeed. I'm not republican, or democrat for that matter. I am a historian though so, you know, I just like to shoot out pseudo-out-of-context facts for shits and giggles.