Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

470 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Nice, now we get to see if its actually possible to win a title with Dantoni's system

I always thought he got a bad rap for not winning one with the Suns- his system inflates player's stats and made it hard for the
Suns and their cheap-ass owner to keep their best players. IMO you need to give Dantoni a good PG surrounded by quality defenders and let him do his thing with the offense.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To be fair thatlookseasy, he didnt fare much better in NY.

This helps guys like Nash and Kobe out tremendously. The Lakers will put up points now, question is, when they get in dogfights in the playoffs, will they be able to stop anybody? Offense wins regular season games, defense wins championships.

Also it should be noted, PHIL TURNED THIS JOB DOWN. The media is spinning it that his demands were too high, but I dont buy that. Dude has 11 rings, loads of cash, and is ailing, he didnt need this and has nothing to prove. I think the Lakers only inquired about him because of the fans, I dont think LA's front office particularly likes or wants to deal with Phil anymore.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='C47' timestamp='1352568431' post='1990532']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wLeQt.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md9c1a9mXl1qzb7vjo1_1280.jpg[/img]
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

dantoni....lmfao

Posted · Report post

Their offense will be potent...

Posted · Report post

Pick and roll is what Nash does.
Defense a problem? Come on Dwight Howard is a giant fly swatter.
Let's give them until January and see what's up.

Posted · Report post

I'm not going to lie. I am disappointed that we didn't get Phil. I don't really buy that he didn't want the job (although that maybe true), and all reports are saying that Phil was stunned when the Lakers decided to go with D'Antoni, because he "fit their current roster better". However, with saying all of that... I do think that the Lakers will be very good under Mike D'Antoni, but I'm not as confident about being able to beat the Heat now. The Heat have a great defense, and are very athletic. This Lakers team should be able to score well over 100 points a night, and D'Antoni has never had a defensive player like Dwight Howard in the middle. It does make things very interesting to say the least.

Posted · Report post

Phil Jackson said he is 'stunned' and he was suppose to say yes or no today. Wow.

Posted · Report post

Ron Burgundy is back!

Posted · Report post

I agree with KT's post...Phil doesn't need to come back, nothing left to gain or prove.

There's enough talent on this team that most of us could be successful at Head Coach!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='YoungPanthers89' timestamp='1352731015' post='1995778']
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md9c1a9mXl1qzb7vjo1_1280.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Honestly I'm bummed it's not Phil, but if the demands that he wanted personnel control are true I'm glad it's not Phil....

Posted · Report post

Man, between Dantoni, Nash, and Jamison, the lakers have 3 guys I actually want to see succeed.

I dont like this, they need to bring back Sasha Vujacic and his stupid face