Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

470 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a semantics debate, but here you go:

http://select.nytime...berts.html?_r=0

You stated that "he knew he couldn't be counted on to carry a small market team." The link you provided for the NY Times article showed nothing to prove your opinion. That statement is baseless.

Posted

Oh yeah Kobe just knew that he would be irrelevant if he went to a small market team. GTFO here LOL man haters gonna hate no matter what.

Posted

he exuded self importance is one thing...in hindsight, he had a right to!

out of high school and if anyone expected him to carry a small market team is rediculous!

couple seasons later, any team in the league would have gladly let him carry their team...but when you got it good, you got it good and you stay put!

Posted

You stated that "he knew he couldn't be counted on to carry a small market team." The link you provided for the NY Times article showed nothing to prove your opinion. That statement is baseless.

I bolded the quote for you, his agent said he would only play for the Lakers. He cancelled predraft workouts for both the Hornets and the Kings. His agent told the Nets that he wouldn't play for them either, that he'd rather go play in Italy. We can talk semantics all day long about why.

Posted

I bolded the quote for you, his agent said he would only play for the Lakers. He cancelled predraft workouts for both the Hornets and the Kings. His agent told the Nets that he wouldn't play for them either, that he'd rather go play in Italy. We can talk semantics all day long about why.

How do you come to the conclusion that

“That is an impossibility,” Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. “There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for.”

means Kobe cannot carry a small market team?

Posted

A quarter early, but it's mamba time bitches.....19pts in the third.

Posted

My God what a shot. This man seriously isn't human...

Oh please get up Kobe....I don't even care about the loss....

By the way, I don't care if that was a last second call, that was a foul....

Posted

Kobe was definitely fouled on the game tying shot.

Either way there is no way that you should lose to a team missing 3 starters... pathetic.

Posted

Kobe was definitely fouled on the game tying shot.

Either way there is no way that you should lose to a team missing 3 starters... pathetic.

Yep, there was contact before the shot, and as he was shooting Hawks defender intentionally got up under him to take his legs out. Still a tough loss with who the Hawks were missing. Can't wait for Pau to come back so we don't have Jamison playing fuging Center.....

Posted

Kobe out "indefinitely" with a severe ankle sprain....if he misses more then 3-5 games the Lakers playoff chances are over :(

Posted

kobehurt3.gif

Oh btw, this isn't the first time this fuging scrub pulled some POS poo against Mamba....

Posted

Even Bruce Bowen a guy Kobe battled with for years agrees that Jones intentionally came up under him.....