• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#131 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Still holding out hope for Josh Smith + Anthony Morrow. Probably not likely, but it'd give Atlanta that true C and allow Horford to slide back over to PF.

I suppose if Atlanta gets desperate. IMO Horford and Gasol would get in each others way on offense and would be a downgrade over Smith/ Horford on defense

#132 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I suppose if Atlanta gets desperate. IMO Horford and Gasol would get in each others way on offense and would be a downgrade over Smith/ Horford on defense

Well I don't see Smith resigning in Atlanta. He's had issues with the team and management for awhile now and he's all but demanded a trade.

http://basketball.re...eets_With_Ferry

I honestly think that Gasol as a center would still be very effective. I just don't think that he's going to work next to Dwight. I'm sad about that and I hope that I am wrong, because Pau was a key piece in helping Kobe and the Lakers go to back to back to back finals (winning 2 of them). I just feel that they (Dwight and Pau) kind of drag each other down. Howard has to play D on his guy and Pau's guy, as well as box out two guys. Pau is a liability defensively at PF as he's a lumbering 7 footer and everyone is much more athletic and typically stronger (kinda sad).

The way I see it is that Atlanta can trade Smith + fillers (like Morrow) for Pau and still be able to compete. Their defense would be brought down a small notch (Pau at C is above average defensively I'd say), but their offense would be better. Also Horford isn't necessarily a guy who has to be in the post to succeed... he's a fantastic mid range shooter who can also work down low. I think that they'd feed off each other.. it would also help with their huge size disadvantage (6-9 PF and 6-10 C).

#133 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Well I don't see Smith resigning in Atlanta. He's had issues with the team and management for awhile now and he's all but demanded a trade.

http://basketball.re...eets_With_Ferry

I honestly think that Gasol as a center would still be very effective. I just don't think that he's going to work next to Dwight. I'm sad about that and I hope that I am wrong, because Pau was a key piece in helping Kobe and the Lakers go to back to back to back finals (winning 2 of them). I just feel that they (Dwight and Pau) kind of drag each other down. Howard has to play D on his guy and Pau's guy, as well as box out two guys. Pau is a liability defensively at PF as he's a lumbering 7 footer and everyone is much more athletic and typically stronger (kinda sad).

The way I see it is that Atlanta can trade Smith + fillers (like Morrow) for Pau and still be able to compete. Their defense would be brought down a small notch (Pau at C is above average defensively I'd say), but their offense would be better. Also Horford isn't necessarily a guy who has to be in the post to succeed... he's a fantastic mid range shooter who can also work down low. I think that they'd feed off each other.. it would also help with their huge size disadvantage (6-9 PF and 6-10 C).

I just think Atlanta loses a lot of flexibility and athleticism swapping Smith for Gasol. Their swingmen arent good enough since Marvin Williams left (he wasnt that good but is better than what they got), and I'm not sure Horford will be effective guarding PFs full time. Smith also helps court spacing even though hes a mediocre 3pt shooter.

Its definitely a gamble for the Hawks, and its probably worth it if you're trading for the Pau we saw in the olympics this summer. But he has looked old and slow this year, maybe if a 3rd team gets involved and sends Atlanta a decent SF

Minnesota could probably put together a better trade package for Josh Smith, but idk if they will risk it if he wont commit long term

#134 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Great interview with Kobe today.

http://forums.lakers...ic.php?t=155628

A very interesting read imo.

#135 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Also Kobe Bryant got the most votes out of all of the all-stars this year. We probably need a Kobe thread... if only I weren't too lazy lol.

#136 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Also Kobe Bryant got the most votes out of all of the all-stars this year. We probably need a Kobe thread... if only I weren't too lazy lol.

We've got one buried in the Bobcats forum, but KT will throw a hissy fit for sure if it gets bumped...

#137 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hey Joey Crawford.....fug you.....

#138 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

The refs have been extremely bias toward the Heat this game. Even my Laker-hater friends are pointing it out... sad. Kobe has played some of the worst basketball that I've seen him play, but he's heating up in the 4th.

#139 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yea Crawford seems to have a personal vendetta against the Lakers when he officiates their games. Granted, this game wouldn't be close if L.A. had took care of the ball in the first half....

#140 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Oh look! Another touch foul on the Lakers....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users