Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Great quality! However I'm leaning towards the Nikon D5100 now due to it's superior video.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

those were all taken with a Sony NEX-5. nikons are definitely good and provide a wide range of lower-end DSLRs (look to spend between 700-1000$ as a start though.)

sony bought out minolta a few years ago, so you're getting quality brand camera technology with a different name. the NEX5 has phenomenal 1080i hi def video (an improvement over the NEX3 if i'm not mistaken) and most packages come with the standard zoom lens and a wide-angle lens as well. the flash is detachable (you may have to buy it separately) and i've actually never bought it, and i've had almost no instances where i couldn't take a good picture because of lighting conditions. i don't shoot a whole lot of indoor stuff though, most of it's travel-related.

and that's where your decision comes in... what features are you specifically looking for? there are plenty of cameras better than the NEX-5, but far and away its most advantageous feature is its size. if you're traveling it's perfect. you don't need a dedicated camera bag to carry it around in... when i travel i have a small satchel that i keep on me at all times with my passport, journal, airline info, visas, etc. and i can just drop the camera down inside there. and when i see something i want to photograph i don't have to fumble around with a stupid black bag, and i don't have to go on dedicated photo-seeking missions decked out with poo. it's really conducive to spontaneity.

panorama feature is awesome. for some reason i can't find any of the panoramas i took... i'll post them when i do. quality is outstanding. flexible digital display allows for extensive camera positioning (you can hold it an inch off the ground if you want a shot from that angle, and just rotate the display up 90 degrees and see exactly what you're shooting. it does the same in reverse, which is useful for shots when the sunlight is hitting your display at a bad angle or you're trying to hold the camera in the air to get a good angle.)

the features are easy to navigate, there's plenty of manual settings available so you can monkey with the shutter speed and such if you so desire.

i don't think you'd regret it.

#17 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

those were all taken with a Sony NEX-5. nikons are definitely good and provide a wide range of lower-end DSLRs (look to spend between 700-1000$ as a start though.)

sony bought out minolta a few years ago, so you're getting quality brand camera technology with a different name. the NEX5 has phenomenal 1080i hi def video (an improvement over the NEX3 if i'm not mistaken) and most packages come with the standard zoom lens and a wide-angle lens as well. the flash is detachable (you may have to buy it separately) and i've actually never bought it, and i've had almost no instances where i couldn't take a good picture because of lighting conditions. i don't shoot a whole lot of indoor stuff though, most of it's travel-related.

and that's where your decision comes in... what features are you specifically looking for? there are plenty of cameras better than the NEX-5, but far and away its most advantageous feature is its size. if you're traveling it's perfect. you don't need a dedicated camera bag to carry it around in... when i travel i have a small satchel that i keep on me at all times with my passport, journal, airline info, visas, etc. and i can just drop the camera down inside there. and when i see something i want to photograph i don't have to fumble around with a stupid black bag, and i don't have to go on dedicated photo-seeking missions decked out with poo. it's really conducive to spontaneity.

panorama feature is awesome. for some reason i can't find any of the panoramas i took... i'll post them when i do. quality is outstanding. flexible digital display allows for extensive camera positioning (you can hold it an inch off the ground if you want a shot from that angle, and just rotate the display up 90 degrees and see exactly what you're shooting. it does the same in reverse, which is useful for shots when the sunlight is hitting your display at a bad angle or you're trying to hold the camera in the air to get a good angle.)

the features are easy to navigate, there's plenty of manual settings available so you can monkey with the shutter speed and such if you so desire.

i don't think you'd regret it.

I will be making films. Size doesn't matter. I'll mostly be shooting from tripods and glidecams.

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

If only there were a professional photographer on this site...

#19 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

If only there were a professional photographer on this site...

Zod won't answer my PM's. That's why I made this thread.

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

I will be making films. Size doesn't matter. I'll mostly be shooting from tripods and glidecams.

why even bother with a camera at all? why not just get a video camera? or is that what you were talking about in the first place and i missed it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users