Photo
- - - - -

Someone intrested in Panthers GM spot likes Rivera.. Would consider keeping him.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

So I was reading the weekly NFC south chat on ESPN. For those not familiar with it, its basicially where fans of NFCS teams ask Pat Yasinskas questions. Usually there isnt anything very intresting but this one caught my attention.

Question; Would you give Ron Rivera a zero percent chance of returning next year?

Pat Y's answer; No, I think there's a slight chance he could stay. One guy I've talked to that is interested in the GM job (but has yet to have any contact with the Panthers) said he thinks Rivera can become a good coach and he'd consider keeping him if he got the job.

Well thats rather intresting. A. Wonder who is intrested in the GM spot and B. Maybe we are all wrong about Rivera and he just needs a good solid year with a new GM thats willing to bring in new players.

Here is a link to the chat, its at the bottom. http://espn.go.com/s...h-pat-yasinskas

#2 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

I really dont have a problem giving Rivera one more year because he has that defense playing. Still it concerns me that he didnt adjust earlier this year.

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Im more concerned with Chud staying than Rivera

#4 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I would like to see Rivera having a conversation with Cam on the sideline at least once. I would assume that relationship is strained to say the least.

How do you allow a 2nd year QB in his early 20's to play the game without any coaches. I would have my coaches all over Cam every second of the game. While the defense is on the field, Cam should be getting coached up, the fact that he is sitting by himself with that towel over his head is exactly why I think we have bad coaching

#5 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Get that guy's name and lets avoid him.

I'm not saying Rivera should lose his job after the season, but he hasn't shown much to deserve it.

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm fine with another year under Rivera....and everytime cam is on the sideline with a towel over his head, Shula is beside him going over different things

#7 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

We'll see how this year ends

#8 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I would like to see Rivera having a conversation with Cam on the sideline at least once. I would assume that relationship is strained to say the least.

How do you allow a 2nd year QB in his early 20's to play the game without any coaches. I would have my coaches all over game every second of the game. While the defense is on the field, Cam should be getting coached up, the fact that he is sitting by himself with that towel over his head is exactly why I think we have bad coaching

I've seen Rivera go up and talk to Cam a few times. Last notable one was after the Bears scored a TD, before the INT.

#9 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Here is how I see it.. If we go 6-10 Rivera has 50-50 of staying, 7-9 he has 60-40 chance, 8-8 80% chance, and 9-7 100% chance.

#10 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I've seen Rivera go up and talk to Cam a few times. Last notable one was after the Bears scored a TD, before the INT.

Well, maybe we don't want Rivera talking to Cam......

#11 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,623 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I just like the idea of coaches having more than 2 years. There remains the question of how much control Rivera was given.

I've been a critic since the day he was hired but would still rather see him do well than start over with another coach.

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,977 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

intEresting

#13 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

intEresting

you're cool

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

it all depends on how he and the team finishes out the season.

if the team is winning (esp. against the broncos, MNF, and against division rivals) , if the coaches are calling the game better and are making necessary adjustments, and if the players are grasping the system and are responding well to rivera & co, then yes, they should be staying.

the next half of the season is going to be what decides their fate, imo, and i hope they do well. i don't want the team to go through another rebuild. i'd rather this current group be able to work.

#15 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Im more concerned with Chud staying than Rivera

Rivera is over Chud, he should have seen the failure and corrected it. IMO the Game Sunday is big. Rivera has yet to win a game against a team above .500 and if he can't this year he needs to go, no more wasting time with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.