65 replies to this topic

#61 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,812 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Dunlap is the right coach. Said it and sticking with it. And he's proving every game that I'm correct.

I understand, that's my take on Rivera.

#62 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Just got back from the game. People got really into the game especially late in the 4th and OT. Although some left thinking we were going to lose. It's nice to see the place loud for a change and finally beating the Mavs might have had something to do with it.

You can tell Kemba and MKG work well together and really get along. At one point late in the game, the big screen was on Kemba and MKG at mid-court coming back from a timeout and you see Kemba mouth to MKG, "Mike, it's time!" Thought that was pretty cool.

Mullens shot the ball pretty bad but he was a beast on the boards. I get the Mullens is a perimeter-oriented big but he needs to vary his pick and rolls. He always pick and pops out near the top of the 3 point line. This allows the defender who is guarding him to double Kemba (or whoever is playing point) because he doesn't have far to recover back to Byron. If he were to cut to the basket every once in a while this would force his defender to sag off of Kemba or stay with Mullens. I'm sure it would surprise people as well if he cut to the basket. I think he did it one time on the PnR and it worked. Diop even came in and had a block and steal, I believe, on consecutive possessions. But he then took two FT area shots where he was taken out.

Jeff Taylor played hard and was brought in for late game defensive purposes.

I'm not going to lie, I'm glad BG fouled out because I like when Sessions and Kemba play together. Sessions is a smarter player than BG and can score in more ways. Not sure we would have won if BG stayed in and slowed down the offense.

Also, at the end of the game, VC came to mid-court talking to one of our players as we were heading back to our locker room. Haywood met VC at mid court where I thought they were joking but VC looked upset. We speculated it was MKG he was mad at but not sure why.

#63 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

with the Wizards coming up I see us being 3-3

#64 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Dunlap is the right coach. Said it and sticking with it. And he's proving every game that I'm correct.

MKG said after the game he loves the coaching he is getting.

Maybe that little scuffle against the Hornets was what he needed to break out
of his shell. He sure looked assertive last night.

#65 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,172 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Mullens shot the ball pretty bad but he was a beast on the boards. I get the Mullens is a perimeter-oriented big but he needs to vary his pick and rolls. He always pick and pops out near the top of the 3 point line. This allows the defender who is guarding him to double Kemba (or whoever is playing point) because he doesn't have far to recover back to Byron. If he were to cut to the basket every once in a while this would force his defender to sag off of Kemba or stay with Mullens. I'm sure it would surprise people as well if he cut to the basket. I think he did it one time on the PnR and it worked.

That's what we want out Mullens. He's a true 7footer who should be able to be a "beast" on the board. All I wanna see from Mullens is a 10-12 points and double digit figure in rebounding. I don't want to see a man that big thinking he's a Small Forward constantly trying to shoot behind the 3 mark. Even though he's a decent shooter, he's need to take less shots and rebounds more.

#66 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

That's what we want out Mullens. He's a true 7footer who should be able to be a "beast" on the board. All I wanna see from Mullens is a 10-12 points and double digit figure in rebounding. I don't want to see a man that big thinking he's a Small Forward constantly trying to shoot behind the 3 mark. Even though he's a decent shooter, he's need to take less shots and rebounds more.

Yeah I can't stand seeing him just stand there behind the 3 point line just waiting for someone to pass him the ball and only making like 1 out of 10 3s. It just kills us when he does that. He's 7 ft 270. He needs to be banging around down low.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users