Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Official Broncos at Panthers Gameday Thread...

1,230 posts in this topic

I think Rivera and Cam are done. I actually feel like we're done with Cam now. He may play the rest of the season, but I bet he's not a Panther next year. Thank god.

I think your high.....Rivera will be gone, and Cam will play A LOT better with a competent coaching staff next year....

You really aren't getting it. The talent difference between Pittsburgh and Carolina is about as wide as the gap in the Grand Canyon. Ben has never been asked to do as much as this coaching staff is asking a second year QB to do.....

Pittsburgh has been riddled with injuries the past few years, sometimes having third string oline and running backs starting. The first string defense is rarely on the field healthy together. Ben was asked to carry the team last year under Bruce Arians who had a scheme with very long developing pass plays which led to Ben being on his ass a lot. With Todd Haley we still have the same crippled oline but now the ball gets out quickly and Ben doesn't get hit as much. Also the running game has improved due to bringing back a lead blocking fullback.

Point is you have what you have, and if they can come together under the right gameplan you can go farther than you might believe. Yes the steelers do have more talent at the skill positions currently, but if they had a QB who had the attitude Cam has shown they would be in just as bad of shape.

I think your high.....Rivera will be gone, and Cam will play A LOT better with a competent coaching staff next year....

I wish I was. I'll put money on Cam not being the starter next year.

I wish I was. I'll put money on Cam not being the starter next year.

Please do, will laugh when you lose that money....

1 person likes this

Lol if that INT was Cam's fault.

Lol at the Cant Newton rose colored glasses.

1 person likes this

Please do, will laugh when you lose that money....

100 bucks?

Pittsburgh has been riddled with injuries the past few years, sometimes having third string oline and running backs starting. The first string defense is rarely on the field healthy together. Ben was asked to carry the team last year under Bruce Arians who had a scheme with very long developing pass plays which led to Ben being on his ass a lot. With Todd Haley we still have the same crippled oline but now the ball gets out quickly and Ben doesn't get hit as much. Also the running game has improved due to bringing back a lead blocking fullback.

Point is you have what you have, and if they can come together under the right gameplan you can go farther than you might believe. Yes the steelers do have more talent at the skill positions currently, but if they had a QB who had the attitude Cam has shown they would be in just as bad of shape.

Actually they wouldn't, because they would still have Wallace, Brown, Sanders still getting open down field....you're really not good at this football thing....

1 person likes this

Look on the bright side,maybe we can get Von Miller to come to Carolina when he becomes a FA.He and Cam are best friends,and Von was quoted saying he would love to play with Cam Newton.

100 bucks?

Oh I wasn't saying I was going to bet you, just that it would be one of the dumbest decisions you could make....

That's my point genius. Chud can't/won't do that. You have to read the entire post and comprehend this thing called, 'context'.

Never implied that he would change his scheme. I was just trying to relay that we saw the same situation in Pittsburgh under Bruce Arians. The solution was to hire a new OC. My reading comprehension and intelligence level are just fine.

Oh I wasn't saying I was going to bet you, just that it would be one of the dumbest decisions you could make....

That's what I thought.

That's what I thought.

Sorry I don't bet. That doesn't mean I don't have 100% confidence that Cam is our starter on opening day barring him being injured....