46 replies to this topic

#31 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hopefully the city and region finds a way to fund renovations and get a long term lease in return.

#32 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yuuuuppppp it's comin!

#33 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

We have 1 thing that LA wants for revenue that Jacksonville doesn't have. His name is Cam Newton. That is why these rumors exist. Without Cam, this story never even comes close to making ESPN.

Not true. These rumors wouldn't be public if Richardson wasn't looking for money from the city. But he's a business man and knows how to get leverage. It has nothing to do with Cam.

#34 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Yas: The only scenario in which he would listen would be if Charlotte balked at helping him with some of the stadium renovations the Panthers have been seeking.

Crafty JR is crafty.

#35 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yuuuuppppp it's comin!

Its only a matter of time.

#36 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

i'm going to go out on a limb and say no this will never happen...

#37 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Cam makes the Panthers the best option for LA. He would be a dream come true for them; the next Kobe for that city.

If they got the Jaguars or Bucs they'd have to build from scratch. With the Panthers they'd get some excitement from day 1.

#38 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,355 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

lol LA would be better off trying to get an Ultimate Frisbee team. They simply don't have the culture for football. Tried and failed.

#39 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

lol LA would be better off trying to get an Ultimate Frisbee team. They simply don't have the culture for football. Tried and failed.

That's silliness. Ever heard of USC? UCLA?

LA teams have left because of stadium issues, not fan base.

#40 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

The Californians

Posted Image

Hahah, that's funny!
Hey, wait a second............

#41 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Not going to happen, there are many reasons for it not happening it's just that we aren't doing that great this year so we are going to get thrown in for the hell of it.

Reasons
1) today is the 100th straight sell out
2) NC is the 10th Largest state in US by population in effect making us the 10th biggest possible fan base(and if you include SC we're top 5)
3) The Panthers have a stadium that is paid for
4) The Panthers have been in Charlotte for 17 years and nearing the magical 20 year mark, if you are wondering why that is important, it's the first generation of Panthers fans that have only known the Panthers, no Redskin/Cowboy/Falcons prior loyalties just born and raised Panthers fans and that makes a difference.

and these are just reasons off the top of my head

teams like the Chargers, Raiders or Jaguars are far more likely to be moved anywhere before the Panthers are, Chargers and Raiders need new stadiums an extra expensive because they are in CA and the Jags haven't sold out a game in forever.

The NFL is not going to tell us who is moving before they do because they want fans to continue to support the team before they are moved, but I would say at this point its a done deal that the Jag are moving, and about a 30% chance the Chargers move and a 10% the Raiders move.

#42 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't think it'll happen either. Charlotte will bend over for JR and do whatever he asks. However, I bet fans in Baltimore would've said the Colts would NEVER have left either. And scoffed at anyone who said otherwise.

#43 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

I don't think it'll happen either. Charlotte will bend over for JR and do whatever he asks. However, I bet fans in Baltimore would've said the Colts would NEVER have left either. And scoffed at anyone who said otherwise.

Baltimore didn't bend over though, Charlotte will

#44 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,355 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

That's silliness. Ever heard of USC? UCLA?

LA teams have left because of stadium issues, not fan base.

Stadium issues ONLY occurred in LA? Several teams around the league have faced and resolved them. They had two franchises come and go. SC,UCLA, then who? My son plays rec league ball in Burbank... the team is coached by the Highschool coach. Football is just not that big out there. They are trying to build it up, but I don't believe they are ready. It's still just more of a "thing to do", rather than a way of life (culture).

#45 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Stadium issues ONLY occurred in LA? Several teams around the league have faced and resolved them. They had two franchises come and go. SC,UCLA, then who? My son plays rec league ball in Burbank... the team is coached by the Highschool coach. Football is just not that big out there. They are trying to build it up, but I don't believe they are ready. It's still just more of a "thing to do", rather than a way of life (culture).

It could also be that it's just a College football town, the Jags are right down the street from Gainesville, and they can't get anyone to show up for the games. Sometimes if there is already a diehard football fan base established in a area they Just don't follow two teams.

Kinda like the Bobcats right now in Charlotte with constantly half filled arena but we all know if Duke or Carolina played there it would be the hottest ticket in town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.