Photo
- - - - -

N. Korea: No longer bound by 1953 truce

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#16 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

Nothing is scarier than having a bunch of soft liberals in charge of this country. Three more years, three more years, three more years...

I know you admitted to not caring much for politics Pre-9/11, but have you paid any attention for the past 8 years?

#17 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

They actually make Blue Collar Comedy seem high brow and intelligent

I feel like a worse version of 9Lives has infiltrated the TinderBox and is using multiple user names.

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

I know you admitted to not caring much for politics Pre-9/11, but have you paid any attention for the past 8 years?

I'll not have a softy liberal like you question my background. Guns and knives, sissy boy.

#19 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

Sticks and stones seem to be doing a fine enough job by themselves.

#20 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

If you think sending a kid to "Timeout" is child abuse....................yooooooou might be a liberal.

#21 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

N. Korea does this from time to time, usually to draw attention in an attempt to use the threat of nukes to bargain from a better position.

Usually for food and money.

The fact that the leadership will soon be in flux is likely playing a role as well. A way to show "we still have teeth".

The power struggle is shaping up to be interesting. Got a brother-in-law working his angle, a first son that the fearless leader finds "effeminate and soft", a third son of current wife that resembles the leader, is quite young, and apparently ruthless.

Ah, good times.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,998 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

If you think sending a kid to "Timeout" is child abuse....................yooooooou might be a liberal.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

#23 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:18 AM

Let's hear YOUR best joke, funny man. :P

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,998 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

People who are truly funny don't walk around with their favorite knock knock jokes or knee slappers memorized and ready to go...especially ones they didn't make up

/lesson for the day

#25 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I don't think your claim to think that you know what I think is what you think.

Liberal means being tolerant and having an open mind, which I am all for. But liberal also means f*cked up political policy; looney and expensive social programs; and a belief that citizens should depend on the government for everything.

Can you "Wiki" liberal for me? My definition has been shaped by years and years of witnessing failed policy. My definition has been reinforced by talking points spewed out by the likes of Garafilo, Franken, Maher, Olbermann, Maddow, and the Hollywood elite. And my definition has been bolstered by the few months I have spent in the Tinderbox.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,101 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

N. Korea does this from time to time, usually to draw attention in an attempt to use the threat of nukes to bargain from a better position.

Usually for food and money.

The fact that the leadership will soon be in flux is likely playing a role as well. A way to show "we still have teeth".

The power struggle is shaping up to be interesting. Got a brother-in-law working his angle, a first son that the fearless leader finds "effeminate and soft", a third son of current wife that resembles the leader, is quite young, and apparently ruthless.
Ah, good times.

Don't forget a lot of dirt poor starving citizens.

Good NYTimes article about the situation

That crisis, officials and independent experts said, is all the more treacherous because of the deep political uncertainty in North Korea. American officials say they believe that Mr. Kim, in rapidly declining health, is maneuvering to make his youngest son, Kim Jong-un, his successor, perhaps after a period in which his brother-in-law, Jang Seong-taek, would serve as a regent.

The nuclear test and the test-firing of six short-range missiles, the American officials said, must be understood within the context of this internal struggle to extend the Kim dynasty’s rule for another generation.

But they warn that the information coming out of North Korea is frustratingly vague and inconclusive. Mr. Kim, officials noted, skipped a recent meeting with Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey V. Lavrov. Chatter about the health of Mr. Kim has spiked in Beijing and in Seoul, where North Korea-watching is an obsession.

#27 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

I don't think your claim to think that you know what I think is what you think.

Liberal means being tolerant and having an open mind, which I am all for. But liberal also means f*cked up political policy; looney and expensive social programs; and a belief that citizens should depend on the government for everything.

Can you "Wiki" liberal for me? My definition has been shaped by years and years of witnessing failed policy. My definition has been reinforced by talking points spewed out by the likes of Garafilo, Franken, Maher, Olbermann, Maddow, and the Hollywood elite. And my definition has been bolstered by the few months I have spent in the Tinderbox.

What's truly funny is that you think Panthro and I are liberals.

#28 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

What's truly funny is that you think Panthro and I are liberals.

Why would you say that? You seem to have some liberal views, but you and Panthro also seem to have a sense of humor about things. Liberals do not have a sense of humor.

#29 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

I'm not a liberal simply because they tend to be more against free speech than far-right wackos.

Also, I play and enjoy watching golf, which immediately takes me out of the equation.

#30 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

I'm not a liberal simply because they tend to be more against free speech than far-right wackos.

Also, I play and enjoy watching golf, which immediately takes me out of the equation.

Which is why, no matter your political views, you're always going to be OK in my book.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com