Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cam newton's fumbles

11 posts in this topic

Posted

scott_fowler@scott_fowler

Cam Newton has now fumbled 9 times in 9 games this season. He only had 5 fumbles all of last year. Fortunate not to lose that one.

Posted

It's getting out of hand, no pun intended.

1 person likes this

Posted

More worried about his in ability to hit the broad side of a barn.

Na actually he can do that as per the Olsen catches, I'm worried about his ability to hit NFL caliber passes.

Posted

i feel like his weight loss may have been a part of it. dude was 260 towards the end of the season and he's supposedly dropped to 240. idk. just a theory.

Posted

i feel like his weight loss may have been a part of it. dude was 260 towards the end of the season and he's supposedly dropped to 240. idk. just a theory.

not sure what weight loss has to do with holding onto the ball and having decent pocket awareness.

Posted

not sure what weight loss has to do with holding onto the ball and having decent pocket awareness.

maybe he lost some muscle? he's fumbled plenty of times outside of the pocket as well... like against atlanta.

Posted

I was just thinking about how many he's had this season. It can be easily corrected, definitely needs attention.

Posted

You can't hold tightly onto a ball when you have it cocked back to throw. If you do you won't be able to throw it.

FYI

Posted

I'm sure his fumbles have nothing to do with lack of protection by the Oline.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure his fumbles have nothing to do with lack of protection by the Oline.

newton holds onto the ball too long, has piss poor pocket awareness, and lacks footwork to move around in the pocket.

peyton manning looks like he has great protection because peyton manning will not hold onto the ball.

Posted

newton holds onto the ball too long, has piss poor pocket awareness, and lacks footwork to move around in the pocket.

peyton manning looks like he has great protection because peyton manning will not hold onto the ball.

Well, Chud asks for a lot of deep routes.....and the OL can't protect those consistantly