• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Getting drafted by Carolina was the worst thing that could ever have happened to Cam. Andrew Luck is a very smart man.

#32 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Even before Rivera's presser, I noticed that Cam never ever called an audible.

Embarrassing that a coaching staff thinks it's okay to forgo any pre-snap adjustments.

Makes me wonder how many options they give to him regarding who he can throw to? If he only has a couple of options, then that would explain many things.

#33 iluvdapanthersyo

iluvdapanthersyo

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

http://www.panthers....8e-4a81b57aa69d

He says it about 3 minutes in.

#34 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Thats statement alone should get a coach fired. No wonder defenses have been playing so well agaisnt us this year. What they see is what they get.

#35 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

If this is true, this is a damn shame. He was aloud to audible last year. Possibly a difference?

#36 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Once Chud's play is called in, it has to be run as is regardless of how the defense looks.

Does anyone else think there's something seriously wrong with this?

As stupid as it may be, I thought this was common knowledge. I for one have never seen him audible. This year at least

#37 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Kuechly audibles and is allowed to change slides and coverages yet Cam cannot? Fire chud and Rivera and the rest of the offensive coaches including Shula . The reason for Shula shows in cams footwork. We're going to see Cam injured without the oline knowing what's going to happen because cam isn't allowed to make changes.

#38 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Anyone else notice how much better the offense functions during 2 minute drills? That's when Cam is free to run the plays. Fire Chud. Fire Rivera for letting Chud run this stupid offense.

I made a thread about that whole subject but it got ignored lol but that's so god damn true, look how effective he is when he audibles compared to when dud calls the plays.. Ridiculous..

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,288 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Found it pretty unbelievable when I heard Rivera say that.

When did he say that?

If true, that is full retard coaching. 2nd year QB in same offense should have some audible ability.....

#40 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Fact: cam newton calls the wrong play in the huddle at least 10 times a game (courtesy of a starting olineman)

The coaching staff doesn't trust him to make reads and call the plays

#41 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Fact: cam newton calls the wrong play in the huddle at least 10 times a game (courtesy of a starting olineman)

The coaching staff doesn't trust him to make reads and call the plays

What player said that? Uhh..doesn't he make reads in the READ option? If he was stupid, as implied...wouldn't he have a wristband and wouldn't we run a more basic offense?

#42 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Wait wait wait, is this for real? Can someone tell me why these people still have a job?

#43 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

What player said that? Uhh..doesn't he make reads in the READ option? If he was stupid, as implied...wouldn't he have a wristband and wouldn't we run a more basic offense?

in the read option, the qb looks at one defensive player after the ball is snapped.

it's absolutely NOTHING like calling an audible at the line of scrimmage pre-snap.

if the qb can't read a defense pre-snap, it doesn't matter what kind of offense you run. the best thing to do is take the responsibility from him.

#44 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

in the read option, the qb looks at one defensive player after the ball is snapped.

it's absolutely NOTHING like calling an audible at the line of scrimmage pre-snap.

if the qb can't read a defense pre-snap, it doesn't matter what kind of offense you run. the best thing to do is take the responsibility from him.

I know they aren't exactly the same. Point being,
reading is reading. The difference between driving a prius and driving a big rig, is training and experience. The coaching isn't there... and who says he can't read a defense pre snap? He doesn't have to read like A Manning in year 2. Cut his responsibility down some.

#45 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Wow, this definitely raises eyebrows to the sheer ineptitude of this staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com