Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rubi

I'm Defending Cam....

86 posts in this topic

Im not hanging this on cam or saying he is going to bust or anything like that, it just annoys me when fans make any damn excuse to defend cam when you don't see that from other players.

I am defending Cam Newton. Here's why :

No run game

No oLine

Read option scheme

Lack of WR depth

Horrible staff that makes no adjustment

(Chud, Chico)

All the pressure is on him which is not fair in my opinion

Is he perfect? Not at all. Does he have flaws? Yes

But this guy gives us a chance every game with his arm and his legs. Today against Denver he had well over 200 yds and 2 TDs. People are acting like he's thrown 4 INTs today. Trade him?? Hell no. There are way bigger problems in this organization than Cam

Anyone with any football IQ will know that no QB can be successful with no run game no oline and when all of your targets are blanketed

Cam is my guy. Forward with him

Fwiw, I don't think we should trade him, and I do think that if we give him time, he can become a good quarterback. Its way to early in his career for to be saying that he is not very good.

And no doubt about it, our offense has problems across the board. The running backs and tight ends are good, but in every other aspect, the offense is not good. We need a big play receiver and better blocking.

But Cam did not play well and did not give us a chance to win today. He also didn't give us a chance to win in several other games this season. He needs to make quicker and better decisions. He holds on to the ball to long in many situations. And he doesn't move around in the pocket very well (when there is one to move around in). The Pick six against Chicago was not his fault, but the one today was. Ball shouldn't have been thrown.

our WR's only run deep routes... not good play design , especially when your oline can't protect

1 person likes this

His confidence is gone, mechanics gone to poo.

Bad habits have a tendency to return - and be reinforced - when a quarterback is playing behind an awful O-Line.

That's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of starting rookie QBs. Sadly, it's applying to a second year QB this time.

Thats just it. You cannot play like you have 5 seconds to pass when you dont. You have to be decisive. Cam is still learning that part of the game. I hope he gets it.

If nobody is open what is he going to do ?

Exactly. Steve Smith was completely erased today by Champ Bailey. All of our WRs were.

Throw it away.

Well since Phill Simms was saying the same thing and then showed replays as proof. I'll go with that assessment.

Your taking a couple of soundbites and trying to act like that was the norm. Phil Simms also said cam was getting good time in the 2nd quarter. He also said at one point on a 3 second drop the cam should get rid of the ball.

No Cam did not single handily cost the game but stop acting like it was not poor Cam's fault.

Throw it away.

20 times a game? still doesn't solve the problem of us not having an offense.

Throw it away.

Then he would have had about 20 throw aways today. At that point you're just Jimmy Clausen.

2 people like this

Then he would have had about 20 throw aways today. At that point you're just Jimmy Clausen.

Exactly!!!

If Cam doesnt attempt to make plays, he's holding the ball too long

If Cam forces something and makes a mistake (INT), he's sucking it up.

If our defense did their job and protected our lead instead of instantly giving it away, we might could see our QB play comfortable. Instead he has to play from behind the majority of the game and be the only scoring option we have.