85 replies to this topic

#31 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

i can point out negatives in every offensive player though.... our offense as a group is a complete disaster

ofcourse newton is the qb and will take all the blame

#32 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

he's a second year QB with a questionable QB and questionable WR depth

it's far too early to give up on him.

The pick six was his fault but he feels like he has to do everyting.

#33 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

chud has gone complete bonkers. yes, our D blows. yes, rivera is questionable at best. but, C'MON MAN! develop your qb. he's in his SECOND fuging year for fuging christ's sake.

Our D doesn't blow.....another solid day considering the opponent.

Until the end.....they held the Denver O to 13 pts and they got a late TD to make it 20. D is playing very well.

Chud just sucks. Lazy. Imploding the O.....asking too much of Cam and the OL. He should be taking pressure of both and helping the, succeed

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I know that's a constant regurgitated talking point this afternoon but cam did make some bad decisions today all on his own.

Well since Phill Simms was saying the same thing and then showed replays as proof. I'll go with that assessment.

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Cam did make a few poor plays. That pick 6 was indeed on Cam; he should have learned his lesson when he made a similar play to Olsen a few weeks ago.

But you know what? Peyton Manning turned the ball over, too. QBs make mistakes.

What you can't do is look at that play, or pick out a specific sack you think was on Cam, and use it to say Cam sucks as a whole. Because then you're discounting the 20 other plays where the offensive line let Miller through completely unblocked. He met Williams and Stewart in the backfield several times each, and he was in Cam's face the entire game.

Our line was unable to block them, and our coaches were either unable, or unwilling to adjust.

Cam succeeded today when he had good protection. He marched the team down the field efficiently for scores on both drives that his line blocked for him. Whether that was because the Broncos didn't send the house, or the blocking scheme worked better, I don't know; but I do know that Cam had a clean pocket on both TD drives.

I don't think anyone quit on anyone. If they did, they need to be cut immediately. I think we're just kidding ourselves that our undrafted RT, patchwork journeymen RG, back-up C, rookie LG, and declining LT are a capable unit.

#36 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

So why did they quit on him.

Manning used far less time to throw per play than Cam had.

We need to figure out passing plays that don't require 3-4 seconds per play.

Thats just it. You cannot play like you have 5 seconds to pass when you dont. You have to be decisive. Cam is still learning that part of the game. I hope he gets it.

#37 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Im not hanging this on cam or saying he is going to bust or anything like that, it just annoys me when fans make any damn excuse to defend cam when you don't see that from other players.

#38 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

I am defending Cam Newton. Here's why :

No run game
No oLine
Read option scheme
Lack of WR depth
Horrible staff that makes no adjustment
(Chud, Chico)
All the pressure is on him which is not fair in my opinion

Is he perfect? Not at all. Does he have flaws? Yes

But this guy gives us a chance every game with his arm and his legs. Today against Denver he had well over 200 yds and 2 TDs. People are acting like he's thrown 4 INTs today. Trade him?? Hell no. There are way bigger problems in this organization than Cam

Anyone with any football IQ will know that no QB can be successful with no run game no oline and when all of your targets are blanketed

Cam is my guy. Forward with him

Fwiw, I don't think we should trade him, and I do think that if we give him time, he can become a good quarterback. Its way to early in his career for to be saying that he is not very good.

And no doubt about it, our offense has problems across the board. The running backs and tight ends are good, but in every other aspect, the offense is not good. We need a big play receiver and better blocking.

But Cam did not play well and did not give us a chance to win today. He also didn't give us a chance to win in several other games this season. He needs to make quicker and better decisions. He holds on to the ball to long in many situations. And he doesn't move around in the pocket very well (when there is one to move around in). The Pick six against Chicago was not his fault, but the one today was. Ball shouldn't have been thrown.

#39 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

our WR's only run deep routes... not good play design , especially when your oline can't protect

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

His confidence is gone, mechanics gone to poo.

Bad habits have a tendency to return - and be reinforced - when a quarterback is playing behind an awful O-Line.

That's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of starting rookie QBs. Sadly, it's applying to a second year QB this time.

#41 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Thats just it. You cannot play like you have 5 seconds to pass when you dont. You have to be decisive. Cam is still learning that part of the game. I hope he gets it.

If nobody is open what is he going to do ?

#42 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Exactly. Steve Smith was completely erased today by Champ Bailey. All of our WRs were.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Throw it away.

#44 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well since Phill Simms was saying the same thing and then showed replays as proof. I'll go with that assessment.

Your taking a couple of soundbites and trying to act like that was the norm. Phil Simms also said cam was getting good time in the 2nd quarter. He also said at one point on a 3 second drop the cam should get rid of the ball.

No Cam did not single handily cost the game but stop acting like it was not poor Cam's fault.

#45 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Throw it away.

20 times a game? still doesn't solve the problem of us not having an offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.