• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,397 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Through 9 games....

3 RBs - collective average of 63.4 rushing yards per game.

FA scrub RBs can do that. Talk about the formula for ruining a young QB.

#2 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

This past offseason we gained Luke/Norman/Alexander and Dwan and really improved our defense. We really need to focus on the offense more this offseason and get a #1 WR and some OL talent.

#3 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

The problem there is.. that last year we had the same OL but the RBs took a nosedive.. who do you blame most there?

#4 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,397 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

The problem there is.. that last year we had the same OL but the RBs took a nosedive.. who do you blame most there?

We don't have the same OL now....slightly different to start the year as well.

Blame is easy. Chud.

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

This is easily the thing that peeves me the most. We sink a on of money into our running backs and yet get very little production from them.

#6 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,263 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Our run game is pathetic. No excuse.

our coaching staff needs to be redone. asap.

#7 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

my post in another thread...

carolina's first offensive series went 5 plays for 19 yards.

stewart accounted for 18 of those yards on the first 2 plays...immediately chud ignores stewart and the next 3 plays are on newton for a whopping total of 1 yard.

chud needs to understand that the offense can be centered around someone other than cam newton.

stewart should have touched the ball 10-15x in the first half alone.

same thing with olsen. he got hot, chud abandons him and tries to put the game on newton's shoulders.

bottom line, defenses have figured out that all they have to do focus on newton. everyone else is irrelevant.

#8 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Firing Coaches mid season accomplishes nothing end of story, with a new GM couching staff will be gutted at the end of the season anyways so please think before you post

#9 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,397 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Firing Coaches mid season accomplishes nothing end of story, with a new GM couching staff will be gutted at the end of the season anyways so please think before you post

Disagree....

Young QB should factor in.....7 more games going in this direction won't be good for Cam big picture. Offensively, a new direction and mindset could be a good thing.

I think a change in OC should be made. No point firing Rivera though, agree there.

#10 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Disagree....

Young QB should factor in.....7 more games going in this direction won't be good for Cam big picture. Offensively, a new direction and mindset could be a good thing.

I think a change in OC should be made. No point firing Rivera though, agree there.

Who do you bring in though? nobody worth anything is available, because they have their own jobs. so for argument sake right now just give me 3 names (HC/OC/DC)and I'll concede this argument, but the problem is you can't because there isn't anyone.

if you are going to make a stand with an argument at least pretend you have a solution to the problem

#11 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Wharton may not have been the best pass protector but he was a big contributor to us doing well running with Foxy

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,397 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Who do you bring in though? nobody worth anything is available, because they have their own jobs. so for argument sake right now just give me 3 names (HC/OC/DC)and I'll concede this argument, but the problem is you can't because there isn't anyone.

if you are going to make a stand with an argument at least pretend you have a solution to the problem

Wouldn't bring in anyone( that would be pointless).....let Shula call a traditional boring play action offense. It would play to our talent. Take pressure off OL and Cam. Let Rivera go down with the ship. Try to salvage a young QBs confidence.....Shula seems to be the best fit for that role.

I said that in another thread.

Firing Rivera is pointless. Letting Chud go isn't pointless....he is following the blueprint for ruining a young QB. These are the years where you can haunt the rest of his career.

#13 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,370 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

This entire scheme ruined every offensive player this year. That's what you get for running a division 2 offense in the NFL

#14 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

it's going to take a few years to remove the hurney stench

#15 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Before I can pass judgement...

1. Do they have a cool TD dance?
2. Do they have an acceptable amount of swag?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com