60 replies to this topic

#16 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

This is easily the thing that peeves me the most. We sink a on of money into our running backs and yet get very little production from them.

...its like buying a porsche with a four cyclinder engine...lol.

#17 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

...its like buying a porsche with a four cyclinder engine...lol.

lol

#18 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Anyone who thinks anyone other than Chud is to blame for their lack of production is not paying attention

#19 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,670 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

3 RBs 16 carries and a struggling O-Line. Recipe for disaster.

#20 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Before I can pass judgement...

1. Do they have a cool TD dance?
2. Do they have an acceptable amount of swag?

Why so worried about a QB dance and swag? You don't like it, ok...that has nothing to do with abandoning a working format on the TD drive....as soon as I saw the shotgund read option devotion...I immediatly know GAME OVER. John Fox and Jack were ready and extremel good D coaches....no QB could withstand that kind of pressure...no making excuses for Cam but it's a like a crack head who can't break the habit....IT DOESN'T WORK for CAM and this OFFENSE.

#21 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

More stats....

Double Trouble - 17 runs of 20+
5.4 ypc
79 first down pickups

Double Trouble/Tolbert - 4 runs of 20+ (on pace for 7).
3.7 ypc
25 first down pickups

#22 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Wouldn't bring in anyone( that would be pointless).....let Shula call a traditional boring play action offense. It would play to our talent. Take pressure off OL and Cam. Let Rivera go down with the ship. Try to salvage a young QBs confidence.....Shula seems to be the best fit for that role.

I said that in another thread.

Firing Rivera is pointless. Letting Chud go isn't pointless....he is following the blueprint for ruining a young QB. These are the years where you can haunt the rest of his career.

they are already playing a dumed down offense or did you not see yesterday's game? The issue yesterday was too much pressure on cam and him making bad decisions like that pick 6 he threw was all on him

#23 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I really hate that we went from one side of the poll to the other. Never can find a damn OC that brings us balance.

#24 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

If Matt Moore or Clausen were still our QBs we would hear about this ALOT more. ALOT MORE. It was EXPECTED for those guys to take a load off those QBs for us to even have a chance. Now that we have a "mobile QB", the honus is on him to protect himself. In 2009 and 2010, J Stew had 7 different 100 yard games, including a 200 yard game with Moore at QB. DeAngelo had 4 games over 100 yards in that same time period. This year? NONE. Zilch. Zero. Cam is our leading rusher, leading YPC, and the only one to come close to a 100 yard day.

#25 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

they are already playing a dumed down offense or did you not see yesterday's game? The issue yesterday was too much pressure on cam and him making bad decisions like that pick 6 he threw was all on him

That pick 6 he threw was on the WR FYI. LaFell was supposed to run a comeback route but he just stud there not expecting the ball. Another reason we need a new staff, our WRs never work to come open. They just sit there all expecting not to get the ball.

#26 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nope.

Long developing plays with multiple fakes and those stupid fake hand offs that no one falls for are not dumbed down regular NFL plays.

When he is in the shot gun doing all this mumbo jumbo the DL just crashes forward as fast as they can to disrupt any and everything.

Can't call 3 long routes and zippidy doo da fakes all damn game.

#27 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I just don't understand how you allow one player (Von Miller) to completely disrupt your offense. Yeah, let's just block the defensive rookie of the year, who won said award because of his ability to sack QBs, with our worst blocking TE. That should do it.

I think Chud needs someone to check his plays before he sends them in. Would rather take a couple of delay of games, than have him put the entire team in danger.

You have to chip him, double him, assign someone to him on every play. You take Von Miller's impact away from this game, and the entire outcome is different.

#28 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

That pick 6 he threw was on the WR FYI. LaFell was supposed to run a comeback route but he just stud there not expecting the ball. Another reason we need a new staff, our WRs never work to come open. They just sit there all expecting not to get the ball.

you have a serious issue of Cam Newton colored glasses bro, if you can't tell the pick 6 was all on him, then there is nothing I'm going to be able to say to change that. Because that wasn't even iffy, it was blatant.

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

If Matt Moore or Clausen were still our QBs we would hear about this ALOT more. ALOT MORE. It was EXPECTED for those guys to take a load off those QBs for us to even have a chance. Now that we have a "mobile QB", the honus is on him to protect himself. In 2009 and 2010, J Stew had 7 different 100 yard games, including a 200 yard game with Moore at QB. DeAngelo had 4 games over 100 yards in that same time period. This year? NONE. Zilch. Zero. Cam is our leading rusher, leading YPC, and the only one to come close to a 100 yard day.

Then line him up at RB. Because lately he has sucked at QB.

#30 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Nope.

Long developing plays with multiple fakes and those stupid fake hand offs that no one falls for are not dumbed down regular NFL plays.

When he is in the shot gun doing all this mumbo jumbo the DL just crashes forward as fast as they can to disrupt any and everything.

Can't call 3 long routes and zippidy doo da fakes all damn game.

sigh...... (Looses faith in the human race and walks away into the sunset)

Real note, fist explain to me why the panthers play calling was what it was and what you would do different?

The difference here is I know and you don't, I just don't feel like giving a lesson in football 101 so I'm asking you to figure this out on your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com