Photo
- - - - -

89 million dollar backfield - update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#25 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

they are already playing a dumed down offense or did you not see yesterday's game? The issue yesterday was too much pressure on cam and him making bad decisions like that pick 6 he threw was all on him

That pick 6 he threw was on the WR FYI. LaFell was supposed to run a comeback route but he just stud there not expecting the ball. Another reason we need a new staff, our WRs never work to come open. They just sit there all expecting not to get the ball.

#26 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

they are already playing a dumed down offense or did you not see yesterday's game? The issue yesterday was too much pressure on cam and him making bad decisions like that pick 6 he threw was all on him

Nope.

Long developing plays with multiple fakes and those stupid fake hand offs that no one falls for are not dumbed down regular NFL plays.

When he is in the shot gun doing all this mumbo jumbo the DL just crashes forward as fast as they can to disrupt any and everything.

Can't call 3 long routes and zippidy doo da fakes all damn game.

#27 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I just don't understand how you allow one player (Von Miller) to completely disrupt your offense. Yeah, let's just block the defensive rookie of the year, who won said award because of his ability to sack QBs, with our worst blocking TE. That should do it.

I think Chud needs someone to check his plays before he sends them in. Would rather take a couple of delay of games, than have him put the entire team in danger.

You have to chip him, double him, assign someone to him on every play. You take Von Miller's impact away from this game, and the entire outcome is different.

#28 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

That pick 6 he threw was on the WR FYI. LaFell was supposed to run a comeback route but he just stud there not expecting the ball. Another reason we need a new staff, our WRs never work to come open. They just sit there all expecting not to get the ball.

you have a serious issue of Cam Newton colored glasses bro, if you can't tell the pick 6 was all on him, then there is nothing I'm going to be able to say to change that. Because that wasn't even iffy, it was blatant.

#29 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

If Matt Moore or Clausen were still our QBs we would hear about this ALOT more. ALOT MORE. It was EXPECTED for those guys to take a load off those QBs for us to even have a chance. Now that we have a "mobile QB", the honus is on him to protect himself. In 2009 and 2010, J Stew had 7 different 100 yard games, including a 200 yard game with Moore at QB. DeAngelo had 4 games over 100 yards in that same time period. This year? NONE. Zilch. Zero. Cam is our leading rusher, leading YPC, and the only one to come close to a 100 yard day.

Then line him up at RB. Because lately he has sucked at QB.

#30 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Nope.

Long developing plays with multiple fakes and those stupid fake hand offs that no one falls for are not dumbed down regular NFL plays.

When he is in the shot gun doing all this mumbo jumbo the DL just crashes forward as fast as they can to disrupt any and everything.

Can't call 3 long routes and zippidy doo da fakes all damn game.

sigh...... (Looses faith in the human race and walks away into the sunset)

Real note, fist explain to me why the panthers play calling was what it was and what you would do different?

The difference here is I know and you don't, I just don't feel like giving a lesson in football 101 so I'm asking you to figure this out on your own.

#31 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Cameron is fine as our QB. He needs REAL lineman, not turnstiles. He needs receivers who get open and fight for balls. He needs a defense that doesnt rely on him every week. He needs a competent coaching staff.

#32 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Without Newton we have no running game, so that makes sense.

If we're shifting positions based on performance Smith and Olsen are the only two hanging tight. Maybe we can see if Gross can run a slant, since he's bad at blocking people now.

#33 Rocky

Rocky

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

you have a serious issue of Cam Newton colored glasses bro, if you can't tell the pick 6 was all on him, then there is nothing I'm going to be able to say to change that. Because that wasn't even iffy, it was blatant.

imo the pick 6 was more on cam, and little on lafell.. but you gotta give carter credit for making the play

#34 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

they should fire chud, move shula up to OC(since he has some experience there), and hire weinke as a QB coach to finish the season out... i'm sure business is some what slower for weinke during the season.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Disagree....

Young QB should factor in.....7 more games going in this direction won't be good for Cam big picture. Offensively, a new direction and mindset could be a good thing.

I think a change in OC should be made. No point firing Rivera though, agree there.

It takes months to install an offensive scheme. Unless you are going to run the exact same scheme with someone else calling plays you don't make a change mid season. And then you have no one who knows the offense better than Chud. Yes we suck on offense this year but firing the OC mid year is just plain stupid. Special teams perhaps, even defense if you have someone else to run it, but not offense. How often has that happened in the past 2 years to any team???

#36 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

sigh...... (Looses faith in the human race and walks away into the sunset)

Real note, fist explain to me why the panthers play calling was what it was and what you would do different?

The difference here is I know and you don't, I just don't feel like giving a lesson in football 101 so I'm asking you to figure this out on your own.

Allow me to answer for him with some stats I posted late last night...

From the 1st half of yesterday's game...

Ratio of under center to shotgun plays: 33% vs 67%

Ratio of run plays to pass plays: 29% vs 71%

Under center run average yards per play: 4.2

Shotgun run average yards per play: 2.0

Under center pass average yards per play: 11.5

Shotgun pass average per play: 4.4

Sink in yet? Okay, let's look at our touchdown drive. During that drive, we ran 5 under center plays. We ran 1 play out of the shotgun.

So that's 1 possession with 5 under center plays resulting in a touchdown.

We had 6 other possessions in the 1st half that did not result in scores. In those 6 possessions, we ran a total of 4 plays from under center. Four.

The game started off with quick short throws, with a couple of intermediates thrown in. Cam completed his first 6 passes.

Does that answer your question Doc?