#31 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Then line him up at RB. Because lately he has sucked at QB.

Cameron is fine as our QB. He needs REAL lineman, not turnstiles. He needs receivers who get open and fight for balls. He needs a defense that doesnt rely on him every week. He needs a competent coaching staff.

#32 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Then line him up at RB. Because lately he has sucked at QB.

Without Newton we have no running game, so that makes sense.

If we're shifting positions based on performance Smith and Olsen are the only two hanging tight. Maybe we can see if Gross can run a slant, since he's bad at blocking people now.

#33 Rocky

Rocky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

you have a serious issue of Cam Newton colored glasses bro, if you can't tell the pick 6 was all on him, then there is nothing I'm going to be able to say to change that. Because that wasn't even iffy, it was blatant.

imo the pick 6 was more on cam, and little on lafell.. but you gotta give carter credit for making the play

#34 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

they should fire chud, move shula up to OC(since he has some experience there), and hire weinke as a QB coach to finish the season out... i'm sure business is some what slower for weinke during the season.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,051 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Disagree....

Young QB should factor in.....7 more games going in this direction won't be good for Cam big picture. Offensively, a new direction and mindset could be a good thing.

I think a change in OC should be made. No point firing Rivera though, agree there.

It takes months to install an offensive scheme. Unless you are going to run the exact same scheme with someone else calling plays you don't make a change mid season. And then you have no one who knows the offense better than Chud. Yes we suck on offense this year but firing the OC mid year is just plain stupid. Special teams perhaps, even defense if you have someone else to run it, but not offense. How often has that happened in the past 2 years to any team???

#36 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

sigh...... (Looses faith in the human race and walks away into the sunset)

Real note, fist explain to me why the panthers play calling was what it was and what you would do different?

The difference here is I know and you don't, I just don't feel like giving a lesson in football 101 so I'm asking you to figure this out on your own.

Allow me to answer for him with some stats I posted late last night...

From the 1st half of yesterday's game...

Ratio of under center to shotgun plays: 33% vs 67%

Ratio of run plays to pass plays: 29% vs 71%

Under center run average yards per play: 4.2

Shotgun run average yards per play: 2.0

Under center pass average yards per play: 11.5

Shotgun pass average per play: 4.4

Sink in yet? Okay, let's look at our touchdown drive. During that drive, we ran 5 under center plays. We ran 1 play out of the shotgun.

So that's 1 possession with 5 under center plays resulting in a touchdown.

We had 6 other possessions in the 1st half that did not result in scores. In those 6 possessions, we ran a total of 4 plays from under center. Four.

The game started off with quick short throws, with a couple of intermediates thrown in. Cam completed his first 6 passes.

Does that answer your question Doc?

#37 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Allow me to answer for him with some stats I posted late last night...

From the 1st half of yesterday's game...

Ratio of under center to shotgun plays: 33% vs 67%

Ratio of run plays to pass plays: 29% vs 71%

Under center run average yards per play: 4.2

Shotgun run average yards per play: 2.0

Under center pass average yards per play: 11.5

Shotgun pass average per play: 4.4

Sink in yet? Okay, let's look at our touchdown drive. During that drive, we ran 5 under center plays. We ran 1 play out of the shotgun.

So that's 1 possession with 5 under center plays resulting in a touchdown.

We had 6 other possessions in the 1st half that did not result in scores. In those 6 possessions, we ran a total of 4 plays from under center. Four.

The game started off with quick short throws, with a couple of intermediates thrown in. Cam completed his first 6 passes.

Does that answer your question Doc?

your stats are telling the truth, but you are missing it, and its starring you right in the face. Think hard and tell me what you see.

You are looking at one thing the stats are saying but not the other. It's so blatant I'm finding it very funny.

Remember the truth is in your stats, and if you figure out what I mean you just may take a step closer to actually understanding the game.

#38 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Here let me phrase it too you in a different way that maybe you would understand better what it is I'm getting at.

1) why would you play out of the shotgun if you were having more success early on under center?

2) why would you go deep, when early on you had success in short passing routes

3) why would you do multiple pass/hand off fakes?

See it now?

#39 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

your stats are telling the truth, but you are missing it, and its starring you right in the face. Think hard and tell me what you see.

You are looking at one thing the stats are saying but not the other. It's so blatant I'm finding it very funny.

Remember the truth is in your stats, and if you figure out what I mean you just may take a step closer to actually understanding the game.

Ok, I get it, his data/stats indicate, although a small sample, that Cam (and the running game) was more successful with Cam under center. Even from an anecdoctal position, JStew and DeAngelo are much more productive out of the pro set.

Enough with the childish riddles. You're no Bill Walsh or Joe Gibbs, so save the "football genious" BS for some of your clown friends who might buy into it.

Remember, the truth is in the stats, not in a make-believe-I-know-the-game-better-than-you world...lol

#40 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

This is the best example of how dysfunctional this organization is/was, our GM sinks a ton of money into a backfield our OC doesn't plan to use very much.

Hopefully our next GM and coaching staff will be on the same page, Hurney should have gone out the door with Fox.

#41 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,226 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

imo the pick 6 was more on cam, and little on lafell.. but you gotta give carter credit for making the play

I'm not sure Ben Hartsock even touched Von Miller blitzing (other than the obvious hold that wasn't called). More importantly, Byron Bell did not even react to Miller showing blitz right in his face. Cam's pass was right on the money as well as could be expected with Von Miller scooping both of Cam's knees during the throw. Carter then made a great cut on the ball.

The interception was all Denver's defense. The pressure was a result of our blockers' incompetence. Also, Robert Ayers should've been flagged for unnecessary roughness for bodyslamming DeAngelo Williams on the play.

#42 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Here let me phrase it too you in a different way that maybe you would understand better what it is I'm getting at.

1) why would you play out of the shotgun if you were having more success early on under center?

2) why would you go deep, when early on you had success in short passing routes

3) why would you do multiple pass/hand off fakes?

See it now?

No, it makes no sense...

(1) - infinity: Why would you continue to do something that doesn't work????? Yet, you had moderate success doing something else. It doesn't mean than under the center is a panacea...but let's try something that's produced moderate success for this game.....what you talking about is an ideal game plan....it's called an in-game adjustment....football pro.

#43 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ok, I get it, his data/stats indicate, although a small sample, that Cam (and the running game) was more successful with Cam under center. Even from an anecdoctal position, JStew and DeAngelo are much more productive out of the pro set.

Enough with the childish riddles. You're no Bill Walsh or Joe Gibbs, so save the "football genious" BS for some of your clown friends who might buy into it.

Remember, the truth is in the stats, not in a make-believe-I-know-the-game-better-than-you world...lol

problem is I do know better read my last post and answer the questions and tell me I don't again. I dare you

Mwahaha

There are about 5 to 10 posters on here that I think I could have a real football discussion with them and not a "hey look at me I'm on the internets!" Post quality to it that 99% of the people on here post and think they know what their talk about. Problem is they don't even have a clue.

#44 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I know it might be a setback to his development short-term.... But I would really like to see this whole offense scraped and move back to a fox era type of offense almost... Bring in a true lead blocking fullback. Pound the rock and setup deep play action pass for Cam (Those Deep balls would highlight Cam's strength)

Either that or go to a straight New England/Green Bay style Spread.... Give Cam the Ball and a lot more responsibility... find 3-4 playmakers on the outside, spread them out and let Cam do his thing putting most of it on him....

But it has to be one or the other... I feel our offense is stuck in between which is not good for this offense.

#45 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

No, it makes no sense...

(1) - infinity: Why would you continue to do something that doesn't work????? Yet, you had moderate success doing something else. It doesn't mean than under the center is a panacea...but let's try something that's produced moderate success for this game.....what you talking about is an ideal game plan....it's called an in-game adjustment....football pro.

sweet Jesus thank you for proving my point!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com