King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Cam is gonna bolt first chance he gets.

So will the Panthers once our founder is no longer involved.

#17 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm at the point where I hope we sit him just so I can laugh at half of the board when Derek Anderson mysteriously can't get it done either.

Derek Anderson wouldn't have made it through the game today.

#18 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Wow. Well if I take nothing else from this week it's nice to know that cam won the presser. Go team!

#19 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationColorado

I'm not going to put the loss on Cam. This was almost entirely on the OL. With this vertical passing offense that we utilize, Cam needs time to have the WRs get down the field. He didn't have that time today or nearly the entire season so far...

#20 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,143 posts

He lost this damn game. He better be signing autographs, cause they are gonna eat his ass up.

Comical post, this is

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,280 posts

how do we get this?

Pamthers.com will have it tommorrow.

NFLN shows live looks, not the whole thing. They showed about 2 minutes of it

#22 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

His spirit is broken.

This is what I was afraid of. People keep talking leadership this and that. Truth is if more people supported him and treated him like the 23 yr old he is, i.e. Rivera, Smith, Jerry etc... His development could have gone in a completely different direction.

But his confidence and belief in himself are easily protected but not easily recovered.

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,522 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

This is what I was afraid of. People keep talking leadership this and that. Truth is if more people supported him and treated him like the 23 yr old he is, i.e. Rivera, Smith, Jerry etc... His development could have gone in a completely different direction.

But his confidence and belief in himself are easily protected but not easily recovered.

The David Carr Effect, referenced elsewhere.

That's one of the things I fear about this season.

#24 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Bored of the whole Cam Newton saga. He needs to learn how to use his check downs, the offense doesn't need to get 30 yards each time he throws the ball.

...at least towards the end of the game he went to the check downs.

#25 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Most of his talent is in the backfield......and a solid TE and rapidly aging WR who mentally isn't always there.

Chud wipes out the rushing talent. He now has a makeshift OL.....so where is all this talent you speak of?

Cam's athletism should have made more plays today...he should be extending plays on that to give us a chance...to compansate for a shyty line...Chud should help him with that...at this point, im all for Cam calling the game... audiblizing...etc.

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,280 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Bored of the whole Cam Newton saga. He needs to learn how to use his check downs, the offense doesn't need to get 30 yards each time he throws the ball.

...at least towards the end of the game he went to the check downs.

Defense gave him throws late he didn't have earlier after that first drive.

Broncos actually doubled some of his shorter throws earlier and left Smitty and the deep routes one on one......they knew they could get to Cam before those guys could get open.

#27 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Wow. Well if I take nothing else from this week it's nice to know that cam won the presser. Go team!

Lol. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. People are just too dishonest to admit they have an agenda.

#28 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,280 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Cam's athletism should have made more plays today...he should be extending plays on that to give us a chance...to compansate for a shyty line...Chud should help him with that...at this point, im all for Cam calling the game... audiblizing...etc.

Chud logic 101. Cam is Superman

You deem play calling and talent around Cam largely irrelevant.....thinking the one man show should find a answer in the slop.

Reality, Cam is far from Superman.....

#29 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

A QB is only as good as his scheme and OL. A good QB working within a good scheme with a good OL can make up for lesser talents to target. But, if the scheme sucks and the OL is swiss cheese, the outcome will be ugly, I don't care who is taking the snaps.

#30 CammyCamJuice

CammyCamJuice

CAMel Jockey

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Any other QB in the league other than the 4 or 5 "elite" ones would struggle here as well.
The defense is garbage and the Oline is even worse.. If that's even possible.
Cam needs grow up in the sense that he seems to not be utilizing his full ability when things collapse around him as the game unfolds. He is, what, 24.. And yes he has immaturity.. Because he wants to be a winner and was used to winning before he got to Carolina.
He will need to work on his accuracy as well ( still too high a ball sometimes) and other issues... But Carolina is still lucky to have him and he will help do wonderful things here over the next decade if they can put the tools around him to do so. An aging wide reciever, a college o-line, a junior college defense and a horrible coaching staff are NOT those tools.. And he knows it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.