Photo
- - - - -

No doubt about it, we should now tank for a good draft pick.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

It doesn't matter what we "try" to do, we're going to get our asses handed to us anyway with this clueless coaching staff.

#17 Guest_shitposting_*

Guest_shitposting_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Are you guys fuging retarded? Do you seriously think a higher spot in the draft is the solution to all our problems?

#18 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

that's what this team needs...another high draft pick player!!

Can't really argue with the last 2 years' 1st rounders... Not saying we should tank... Just thought that should be pointed out

#19 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Are you guys fuging retarded? Do you seriously think a higher spot in the draft is the solution to all our problems?

I don't think anybody said it was the solution to all our problems. With that said, if we ended up with the first or second overall pick and could sell high to a team in need of a QB we would be set up a lot better for the long term then if we had a pick in the middle to bottom of the top 15.....

#20 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Why?it's true why win we are only hurting our draft pick,it's not like we are playing for a playoff spot.

"Why" is simple, and obvious: a lack of talent isn't necessarily the problem with this team. Obstinate, idiotic coaching is the problem with this team. A lack of desire to grow beyond mediocrity and complacency is the problem with this team. Sacrificing a season for a top five draft pick that may not even pan out is a weak, defeatist attitude and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone who has even the slightest desire to see this franchise ever see more than less than a handful of winning seasons.

This should've been the game to see what Gettis can or can't do. We've needed a deep threat all season: hell, we needed a deep threat last season. Murphy is for all intents and purposes irrelevant, Lafell is at best a possession receiver, and I'm not so sure that Olsen isn't a #2 TE masquerading as a #1 TE because we have no one better to take it from him.

We don't see the defensive line consistently try to bat down passes at the line of scrimmage. Our slot receivers rarely see the field in lieu of Dud's bizarre man-crush with the option/pistol bullshit that gets us nowhere. Our current secondary is generally a disgrace with a few moments of competence. But damnit, the relentless soft zone crap hasn't worked for us, and the coaching staff keeps doing that. Drafting the best corner in the draft won't fix that, because they'll try to mutate him into something that he isn't.

I don't care where we draft or who we draft. Until we get smarter, more consistent coaching, this franchise won't turn around, and having fans suggest that this season doesn't matter because we need higher draft picks isn't something anyone should embrace or tolerate.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Very well said bigsky. Agree 100%.

#22 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I only care to win two more games this year and those are the games against Atlanta and Philly.

I honestly could care less about the others

#23 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Mante Tao the LB from ND would create the best LB's in the NFL.

MLB-Tao
WLB-Kuchely
SLB-Beason
Sub LB-Davis

#24 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

To hell with "finishing strong." We play joke teams the rest of the season and I would rather to tank and atleast get a good draft pick instead of finishing strong against bad teams. My fear is we finish 6-10 or 7-9 and mess up our draft position yet again. Hope we tank for a top 3 pick and give our GM a strong hand.

RR talking to Chud about team strategy prior to the start of the 2012 season: "To hell with "finishing strong". My fear is we finish 6-10 or 7-9 and mess up our draft position yet again. Hope we tank for a top 3 pick and give Marty a strong hand."

Is PantherTrain84 really Ron Rivera?

#25 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

PT are these not the type of post that got you banned on an inferior site....

Yes but unlike Communist Scratch Reader, you are actually free to post your opinions with passion on here without getting banned by the ursurper.

#26 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Winning more games from here on out proves very little and accomplishes less. The league rewards failure so, fail.

I do agree with most here however and believe we really don't have a decision to make. Probably gonna take it in the ass from here on out anyway. Bend over panthers. Real football teams are stepping in behind you.

#27 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

RR talking to Chud about team strategy prior to the start of the 2012 season: "To hell with "finishing strong". My fear is we finish 6-10 or 7-9 and mess up our draft position yet again. Hope we tank for a top 3 pick and give Marty a strong hand."

Is PantherTrain84 really Ron Rivera?

I hope so, so he knows what a ish HC his fanbase thinks he is! GTFO Ronaldo!

#28 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

We are going to lose most of the rest of our games anyway, we don't have to try to tank....

#29 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,271 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

To hell with "finishing strong." We play joke teams the rest of the season and I would rather to tank and atleast get a good draft pick instead of finishing strong against bad teams. My fear is we finish 6-10 or 7-9 and mess up our draft position yet again. Hope we tank for a top 3 pick and give our GM a strong hand.

Go fuhk yore self with a zucchini

#30 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Carolina sports suck. ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH CATS IS ASS. Bobcats............ ASS Panthers............. ASS

Blue Devils............... ASS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com