Photo
- - - - -

No doubt about it, we should now tank for a good draft pick.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Our utter failure this season has a lot more to do with our coaching staff than our players themselves. Whenever this many pieces of a team regress it starts higher up the chain.

It remains true that the players need to go out there and bust ass - win or lose. Taking the rest of the season off would be foolish.

You think it's bad with bad coaches and players that are trying try bad coaching AND players who suddenly aren't even attempting to give a fug.

Im just saying that we all know we are going to have a losing record, I say just lose a lot so we can atleast have a fun and intresting off season come draft time. What could be more fun than a brand new GM, coaching staff and a top 3 pick?

#47 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Im just saying that we all know we are going to have a losing record, I say just lose a lot so we can atleast have a fun and intresting off season come draft time. What could be more fun than a brand new GM, coaching staff and a top 3 pick?

I'm guessing if you asked the incoming GM / coach whether they would prefer to have a few spots lower in the draft or an existing team full of players who have to be brought out of a losing culture that was made even worse by throwing half a season they would take the lower pick every time.

Throwing seasons for draft picks happens in video games and movies. There are so many reasons it's a bad idea in real life.

#48 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

this team indeed is lacking talent, Mainly at WR and DB whoever doesn't see that is blind.

I vote for high draft pick. I want a bad ass safety or reciever

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,569 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm guessing if you asked the incoming GM / coach whether they would prefer to have a few spots lower in the draft or an existing team full of players who have to be brought out of a losing culture that was made even worse by throwing half a season they would take the lower pick every time.

Throwing seasons for draft picks happens in video games and movies. There are so many reasons it's a bad idea in real life.

The primary one being these guys don't play in a vacuum. They're being evaluated.

Heard a couple of former players asked about the idea of tanking a season recently. They found the whole idea ridiculous. They pointed out that both players and coaches are trying to save their jobs for the following season. And the idea that a whole team and owner would be "in on it" is laughable especially given that some guys know they won't be here next season.

Bottom Line: It doesn't happen. Nor should it.

#50 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

I think it is a bad idea and a real crappy thing to do.

That being said. Colts did it last year. I have no doubt about it. 2010 had a pretty solid team with Manning running the offense and defense was good. 2011 Manning is out and the defense disappeared. Now they got their new Franchise QB and all of a sudden the defense is good again.

TANKED NO DOUBT ABOUT IT..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com