#31 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

yep.

who he has in his doghouse has a nominal effect on the outcome of the games or the overall record.

Normally I'd agree with you. But if Martin is in the game at the end of ATL, I feel very confident saying the Panthers get the win.

In a season where you're losing by less than a TD, all it takes is one big reception or TD to change the tide of the game.

But ultimately, I agree, playcalling has been our biggest problem all season - offensively and defensively.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Agree!
Rivera is a bit(h

#33 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

So many things wrong with Rivera as a HC(including this dighouse BS) it's
ridiculous, I mean why Rivera's pussy sh*tshow against the bears and squibbing to Hester everytime doesn't get more attention here and in the media is beyond me... That's like something a huddler would jokingly suggest, but he actually did.. No wonder why we lose by less than a TD every game.. Exposed his true ineptitude as a coach right there.. #endrant

#34 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

No wonder why this clown coudn't get a Head Coaching job at all those other places he tried

Just keep him on Defense that's what he's good at.

#35 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

No wonder why this clown coudn't get a Head Coaching job at all those other places he tried

Just keep him on Defense that's what he's good at.

I have to say, the defense is tackling much better over the last couple of games. Not sure if it's something Rivera did, or if it's just having Kuechly in the middle and Norman/Thomas on the outsides. But every one has the bug, except for Naka and the occasional Captain whifs of course.

#36 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Naka is a piece of crap player

#37 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Speaking of rookies with fumbilitis, does anyone remember that rookie we had in 2001? He was our return man that year. We were well on our way to our second win of the season until he fumbled on consecutive returns, leading to the other team's victory.
Does anyone remember his name? Steve Smith, or something like that. He wore #89 that year. What a piece of trash that guy was. Coach Siefert did the right thing and made sure we never saw him on the field again.

#38 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Our defense is already on the field 40 minutes a game. We can not have the luxury of a returner that can break one but also fumbles.
Adams fumbles in his last game: 2
Every game since: 0

Everyone is high on Halloway after his td, but he also fumbled twice, once on a return and once on a reception (going out of bounds so it didn't matter but he did drop the ball when Keek hit him).

Gettis and Martin should play.

#39 snewcombe93

snewcombe93

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Lets just face the facts. Rivera isn't the only one in the dog house, most of the coaching staff is in it with him. Gettis and Martin should play. Adams still has a spark of hope even if we had Devin Hester as our return man he couldn't break one with our special teams blocking or lack there of. As a team we are in a constant cycle of rebuilding. We have the talent now we just need the coaches to put it into good use.

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

The problem is that Rivera doesn't know the difference between being tough, and being stubborn. Be tough on the players when they mess up, bench them, and get the point across. But don't be so stubborn that you never stop punishing them to the point that you're hurting the team. That's what Rivera is doing.

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,160 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

The problem is that Rivera doesn't know the difference between being tough, and being stubborn. Be tough on the players when they mess up, bench them, and get the point across. But don't be so stubborn that you never stop punishing them to the point that you're hurting the team. That's what Rivera is doing.

i was just thinking about how fox could fit into that statement, only i'd take out the word tough and replace it with....i don't know...persistent. not really the best way to describe his "sticking to his guns" approach to coaching the game. do the same thing over and over and over because it worked once upon a time.

aside from his first couple years i never really saw him as tough. stubborn? ohhhh yeah, but not tough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com