Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy Reid as QB Coach?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Now I know as long as Andy has been a Head Coach, him taking any position lower than Coordinator would be a slap in the face. However after the damage that has been done by "Dud" and his offensive shenanigans to Cam's development as a QB, I believe the Panthers do not have any other choice but to pursue it as a possibility.

As a Carolina fan I'm pretty sure you all are aware of how well of a QB Michael Vick was. Sure he could run and could make certain throws but he was never truly a QB because he would just make plays out of his raw talent. When he went to Philly and spent a few years with Andy Reid you saw a immediate transformation in the way he played the game and he almost didn't resemble the player he was in Atlanta.

Now Cam at this point in his career is a much better QB than Michael Vick was at the same time in his but in alot of the games I see Cam always trying to make the big play instead of just checking it down. I can't even count how many times I've seen Tolbert or Olsen wide open in the flat. Running this read option poo is clearly taking a toll on how Cam sees the field and makes his reads.

Andy Reid has been known for a long time as pretty damn near close to a QB Guru. He took McNabb and turned him into a Pro-Bowler and one of the top QB's in the league. He got Michael Vick and fine tuned him into a pocket passing QB and not just a running QB. Cam still has to work to do on some of his mechanics but I would expect that out of a 2nd year QB. Reid could do the same for Cam by fine tuning his already natural ability.

tl;dr version: Panthers should look into bringing Andy Reid in as a OC possibly or QB Coach because "Dud" has stalled Cam's growth and development this year as a QB.

Posted

Andy Reid is a great QB coach, but there's no way in hell he'd take a job as a QB coach. He'll either take a year off or jump right back in the game as a HC.

Posted

They have to find somebody to reverse the damage and undo what Dud has done. I believe Cam will still develop into a phenomenal QB but if he has to do it on his own, it may take longer than it should.

Posted

So you like Sosa huh? Bitches love sosa.