#136 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

This is why I do not like the OC up in the booth, on other teams, you see the OC, QB coach on the sidelines after every series talking over the play book, pumping up the O-line etc...and actually COACHING the quarterback!!! How hard is it!!!!

#137 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,836 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

The Peyton Manning comparisons or expectations are a bit much as well.
Careful of what you hope for, you might not want it. True, Manning has always put up gawdy regular season numbers.
Let's look Post Season and see what you get with the quickest release in town.
Peyton first started in Indy during 1998.
From 1998 to 2005 the Colts made the Playoffs 6 times.
The Colts, and Manning compiled a Post Season record of 2 wins and 6 losses during that time.
Finally in 2006 the Colts broke thriough for their lone Super Bowl winning run. One great complete year start to finish, well done.
Then we go back to more of the same from 2007 until 2010.
4 Playoff appearances and a 2 win, 4 loss record when it truly counts including a 31-17 drubbing by the Aints in the SB..
All tolled so far in his career Peyton Manning has 7 One and Dones in the Post Season. One great Post Season year.

I dont care how Cam gets it done, whether it's pretty or ugly I hope Cam and the Panthers do a better job performing Crunch Time than Peyton or the Colts ever did.

#138 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

4.5 seconds on a 3rd and 19 where his underneath "quick" option didn't break on his route until he was 18 yards down the field. Newton was hit just as his underneath route turned his head to the QB because the offensive line you trumpet as being so good couldn't defend a four man rush - even with some added help. Both sideline routes were completely blanketed.

Here you go - to help you count.

You also would have had a post going 2 minutes later if he'd thrown it out of bounds, bemoaning his inability to convert on 3rd down.

4.5 seconds is a lot of time.

i'm curious why he didn't decide to run out of the endzone 2-2.5 seconds into the play when he should have realized he'd been standing there too long.

#139 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

4.5 seconds is a lot of time.

i'm curious why he didn't decide to run out of the endzone 2-2.5 seconds into the play when he should have realized he'd been standing there too long.

'Cause he saw two LB's standing right behind the line of scrimmage throughout the play...check the stills again...

The Bronco's faked an inside blitz and dropped two linebackers into a very shallow zone.

Newton was right not to run, cause he was going nowhere...teams are just not going to let him beat them that way...not anymore...not if they can help it

His mistake was in not hitting the obvious vacant area in the middle of the zone...where there was an open receiver...

He should have been looking to his slot receiver immediately...he is clearly open and looking for the ball at the 2 second mark and Newton inexplicably looks him off...well it is not inexplicable really...Newton seems to think every pass needs to be a frozen rope...

"touch" on short and intermediate routes is not exactly his his strong point...LOL

#140 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Zomg why didn't Cam get back up off the ground and hit the open receiver I see right there in that picture!!! What a bum!

#141 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Yeah, Tolbert was one of those 7 Panthers milling around in the end zone. He was supposed to leak out, but for whatever reason decided to stay back with the others. I can't say he stayed in to block, because whatever those 7 guys were doing couldn't be called blocking.

Wrong.

Tolbert ends up one on one against a Denver saftey blitzing from the weakside...he makes a piss poor block, admittedly, but you still can't hang the sack on him...it is his man, Mike Adams who ends up sacking Newton eventually.

Greg Olsen was in protection as well and looks like he trips trying to slip out as a saftey valve...doesn't matter really...it was going to be too late...ball should have already been thrown.

It was a pretty cleverly designed blitz package by Denver. It should never have resulted in a saftey, but it was a package designed to fool a young QB. And it worked.

#142 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Wrong.

Tolbert ends up one on one against a Denver saftey blitzing from the weakside...he makes a piss poor block, admittedly, but you still can't hang the sack on him...it is his man, Mike Adams who ends up sacking Newton eventually.

Greg Olsen was in protection as well and looks like he trips trying to slip out as a saftey valve...doesn't matter really...it was going to be too late...ball should have already been thrown.

It was a pretty cleverly designed blitz package by Denver. It should never have resulted in a saftey, but it was a package designed to fool a young QB. And it worked.

I am pretty sure I heard or read where Tolbert said he was supposed to go out on the play, but could be mistaken.

As to the blitz fooling the young QB, apparently those 4 crafty Broncos also fooled our not completely young 7 blockers.

#143 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

I am pretty sure I heard or read where Tolbert said he was supposed to go out on the play, but could be mistaken.

yeah you did and it was newton who said it actually. he doesn't specifically mention tolbert but i know what you're talking about and read it somewhere else:

Olsen, who had his own troubles blocking Miller, said there was more to blame than the line. When safety Mike Adams sacked Newton in the end zone for a safety, Newton said his checkdown receiver never made it into his route.

http://www.newsobser...ers-taking.html

of course i'm sure the spinmaster has his own interpretation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com