• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#31 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I know this may sound stupid, but perhaps that visor he wears with his helmet is slowing down his ability to read defenses. I mean, unless that visor is prescribed, why does he wear it in the first place? Afraid he is going to get poked in the eye? Seriously though, it actually could be impeding his progress as a passer.

#32 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,259 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Most of the time the ball was out within 2 seconds.

He took much less time than Cam had.

Of course he did, Zod. His offense had him throwing sideline out routes almost all game. And he got to actually change the play before the snap, and a decent running effort as well.

#33 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,709 posts

Just to clarify, has the argument now shifted to 2nd year Cam doesn't make reads as quickly as 15 year pro/HOF lock Peyton Manning?

#34 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,433 posts

the visor is swag.

it must be worn.

#35 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just to clarify, has the argument now shifted to 2nd year Cam doesn't make reads as quickly as 15 year pro/HOF lock Peyton Manning?

andy dalton takes 2.59 seconds from snap to release.

#36 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I don't think we are saying Cam should completely be on Manning's level. Yet getting the ball out within two-three seconds is basic stuff.

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Can we just scrap the entire play book, start treating cam like a pro QB and run an under center offense?

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yeah but he has no swag

#39 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

It was a miserable loss!!! Cam did his part , the special teams did their part, defense was streaky but they didn't get an help from the offense.. Miserable is a good word to describe this whole season! I'm Miserable they Miserable and you as Panthers fans are Miserable. Hell, it almost makes the Bobcats beating Dallas Miserable. If I wasn't so dam Miserable I'd be mad!!!
Oh well, tomorrows another day and when I think of this, it will be Miserable all over again. Hope they are too!!!!!!!

#40 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,988 posts
  • LocationNC

.....what? is that every play? is he some kind of robot?

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Like hell it is. Just because Aaron Rodgers can make those passes once or twice a game doesn't mean that is the kind of scheme you live on. Look at the Saints or Patriots offenses. They're designed on either isolating all-world talents like Graham and Gronk, or getting someone else like Welker or Sproles running in space. They don't attempt a hundred seam-splitting throws a game, that's a recipe for disaster. This offense doesn't have an overwhelming physical specimen and completely misuses its receivers in space. It should be a hard-running play action offense and the fact that its not shows how stupid the coaching staff is.

Most pro QBs say differently. 12 inches is open.

#42 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

.....what? is that every play? is he some kind of robot?

per profootballfocus it's his average.

cam newton's is 3.04.

he is one of only 4 QBs in the league that take 3 or more seconds to release the ball.

#43 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,118 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

yeah it's called the west coast offense and its bread and butter is getting the ball out fast on three step drops.

stats without context are useless

#44 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

yeah it's called the west coast offense and its bread and butter is getting the ball out fast on three step drops.

stats without context are useless

so every QB in the league besides newton, wilson, vick, and rg3 run the west coast offense?

...because those are the only ones in the league that take 3+ seconds to execute from snap to release.

#45 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,118 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

so every QB in the league besides newton, wilson, vick, and rg3 run the west coast offense?

...because those are the only ones in the league that take 3+ seconds to execute from snap to release.

those three + newton spend a lot of time running around outside of the pocket before passing.

i saw the list in the other thread. you're just wanking off with numbers and not thinking critically.

and the point still stands that dalton runs a west coast offense vs. our coryell variant with lots of verticals and slow developing plays downfield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com