142 replies to this topic

#91 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Spread formation and that many receivers out means you have to 1) depend on the OL to block without additional help and 2) depend on Newton to get the pass off quickly. Neither of those things is happening very often right now.

I'm all for going to a quick passing attack but I want to see it run out of a base set. I'd even be okay with max protect.

I'm not sure that Cam can hit those quick outs, slants, bubbles, etc. consistently.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you would think that the coaches know that we can't hit them time in and time out.

#92 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

it's one thing to say the right thing, another to actually believe it.

is he incapable or not just allowed to make presnap adjustments?

#93 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm not sure that Cam can hit those quick outs, slants, bubbles, etc. consistently.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you would think that the coaches know that we can't hit them time in and time out.

He has trouble with it but it's a skill he will HAVE to develop to be routinely successful. What we're doing now is not working, obviously. If what we're doing now isn't working why not start focusing on it heavily in practice and make him do it...if only for the added benefit of shorter drop backs and less time getting David Carr'd.

It makes me nervous but it's not like it's going to COST us games...

#94 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Jake took the blame every week too. Means nothing when you take the fall. Means everything when you don't. Just the way it is.

#95 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

He has trouble with it but it's a skill he will HAVE to develop to be routinely successful. What we're doing now is not working, obviously. If what we're doing now isn't working why not start focusing on it heavily in practice and make him do it...if only for the added benefit of shorter drop backs and less time getting David Carr'd.

It makes me nervous but it's not like it's going to COST us games...

The issue here is that the coaches are still coaching for their jobs. If Cam can't hit those throws, they don't want to call the plays, because they don't want to continue to lose.

There is no reason for them to try to coach up Newton halfway through this season, there is a good chance they will not have jobs, next season.

#96 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

The issue here is that the coaches are still coaching for their jobs. If Cam can't hit those throws, they don't want to call the plays, because they don't want to continue to lose.

There is no reason for them to try to coach up Newton halfway through this season, there is a good chance they will not have jobs, next season.

You don't think that allowing their young developing first overall draft pick QB to get hammered because they won't try to adjust their gameplan to protect him, even if it's going to require some extra coaching / growing pains, is going to hurt their chances at keeping that job too? I mean...what they're doing right now isn't saving any jobs either and we know pretty well that it's not going to at this point. But what it is doing is putting Cam in harm's way with the constant 5-7 step drops with poor o-line play.

#97 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

END OF DISCUSSION

Lol, Zod.

#98 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Cant say I really much agree with this. While Manning is the Bar set for QBs, every time he got a guy in his face he missed the pass. Every time he was surrounded by defenders he missed his pass. No only that but Manning also was checking out of plays and his OC was using different routes.

Cam on the other hand is not allowed to check to a run play, He is always in a 5 step drop because of the routes called, and he is surrounded by defenders with there hands up. Not going to get many passing lanes when that happens. If he does release early he has to throw high and risk a INT.

From what I see Cam needs to improve on is his touch. He jets the ball out if its a 30 yard pass, a 10 yard pass, or a screen/check down play. Thats something he really needs to improve on.

We couldn't get major pressure on Peyton, because the ball was coming out too fast. If checking out of a play is a problem, Cam needs to be the one to talk to his coaches about that. Cam is being babied way too much by this staff, and Cam is letting them do it. We should start Derek Anderson if Cam can't run a full offense right now.

#99 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

committing some minor thread necromancy here but the all-22 finally came available on game rewind. here's a bird's eye view of the safety:

Posted Image

the most shallow route is freaking 20 yards down field which was blanketed with no checkdown options. unbelievably stupid. chud has just lost it.

#100 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

He was fine. He has the worst grammar ever. Jesus its hard to listen to the guy talk.

#101 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

committing some minor thread necromancy here but the all-22 finally came available on game rewind. here's a bird's eye view of the safety:

Posted Image

the most shallow route is freaking 20 yards down field which was blanketed with no checkdown options. unbelievably stupid. chud has just lost it.

If you look at this picture it also illustrates some of the issues our O-line was having Sunday.

We were having to keep 7 guys in to block 4 or 5 guys leaving 3 receivers against 6 or 7 guys in coverage. That puts a lot of pressure on the QB and receivers as most of those guys will have underneath and over the top coverage.

Also on this play there was supposed to be a checkdown but they got caught up blocking and so Cam didn't end up with any checkdown option. Not sure if it was a blown play or if the player just got caught up and couldn't get out.

#102 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Posted Image

That is awesome view. We need at least one crosser at 8 yards. The blitz was great for them. It was embarassing to watch.

#103 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

This photo is 6 + seconds into the play...the receivers have already run their routes and Cam Newton has decided not to throw the football...receivers are just freelancing at this point....and Newton has an open man right in the middle of the zone..

#104 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Can you post the 5 seconds before this, like 5 frames ?
I want to see something.

#105 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

He was fine. He has the worst grammar ever. Jesus its hard to listen to the guy talk.

i cringe way too often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com