Photo
- - - - -

Is Newton genuinely disliked around the league?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

When he did it against the Giants we weren't down by a lot. We were down by a score or two, at that point the game was still within reach.

And the team specifically needed to be fired up, and it was a good way to try.

#32 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I remember the media taking a mere two score deficit at the top of the 3rd and trying to force it into an issue until gullible fans like the one seen above who were looking for absolutely any excuse to down on him snowballed it into some lingering "problem."

Are you one of those poor, deluded souls as well?

I don't care what the deficit was, we didn't compete the entire night. We got flat out owned, and it was painful to watch.

#33 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

The way there defense was dancing after every play I am surprised no one pushed Von Miller and a brawl broke out.

#34 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I don't care what the deficit was. We were getting owned that game, and it was painful to watch.

Before, you said he celebrated when we were down by a lot implying you had a problem with it. Now you're saying you don't care what the deficit was. So what I'm gathering is you're one of those "durr durr Barry Sanders durr hand ball to ref ahyuck" types who doesn't want celebrations at all, or at the least you have to have a Super Bowl ring or something like that to be eligible to celebrate. Gotcha.

#35 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Before, you said he celebrated when we were down by a lot implying you had a problem with it. Now you're saying you don't care what the deficit was. So what I'm gathering is you're one of those "durr durr Barry Sanders durr hand ball to ref ahyuck" types who doesn't want celebrations at all, or at the least you have to have a Super Bowl ring or something like that to be eligible to celebrate. Gotcha.

Whatever you say little buddy, we were down 23-7 when he did his Superman pose. That seems like a large deficit to me. I guess if you like your players to act like cheerleaders when we are getting our ass kicked, then go right on ahead and eat it up.

#36 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

As long as the game is reasonably within reach, I say celebrate away.

#37 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

As long as the game is reasonably within reach, I say celebrate away.

16 point deficit....And the way the game was going that seemed insurmountable.

#38 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

If only we had John Fox back and won on heart and passion!

#39 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Right now I'd take John Fox over this incompetent staff. A John Fox led team just came into our house and whooped our asses. Feels great!

#40 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

The way there defense was dancing after every play I am surprised no one pushed Von Miller and a brawl broke out.

That's because this O line is coochie...you know what I wanted to type there. People are trying to use the lack of retaliation, as an Indictment of Cam. I say it says more about the lack of pride this staff exudes and the players possess.

#41 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Right now I'd take John Fox over this incompetent staff. A John Fox led team just came into our house and whooped our asses. Feels great!

if we had an offensive coordinator on the field playing the quarterback position and jack del rio running the defense and fox's responsibilities consisted solely of yelling at the refs, calling timeouts, giving the halftime speech, and throwing challenge flags then hell yes we would be a better team.

denver is handcuffing fox and protecting him from himself, which is genius. wish we could have done that here.

#42 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'll be honest, I never liked the Superman thing, the airplane motion he does during pre-game, or the little "1st down thing" he does.

He broke records last year, he ran 700 yds last year, he won 6 games last year. He has only led this team to 8 wins so far - other than be the #1 overall pick, he hasn't done enough for all the showboating that he does. I think thats why the media, analyst, and opposing players don't like him. His actions are critiqued because he displays a "me" attitude - "look at me, I'm Superman - but let me go mope on the sidelines too".

Other than Rogers, which QB's have so much "look at me" attitude? No wonder no one likes him.

#43 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

really we tried losing with the crew of nice guys you'd want to marry your daughter approach. it doesn't feel any better than what we're doing now.

everything rests on the new GM and the crew he brings in. we're just going to crash back into rebuilding mode if it doesn't work out.

#44 DenBronx

DenBronx

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I think people actually wanted to like Cam because the kids got all the talent in the world but he needs to learn how to be a leader first. Steve Smith is one of the best ever Panthers and even he doesnt like the sulking on the sideline that Cam does. But sadly, Cam may never realize he isnt bigger than the team.

I would do everything to get Bill Cowher. He would deffinitely make the Panthers a playoff team. And for Gods sakes.....get another WR on the other side of Smith.

#45 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

i don't want him liked.

i want him hated by every other team and by every other fan base.

right now, though, he's just easy pickings.

winning puts everything back in order.

if only winning wasn't so hard to do. cam's essentially screwed until he and the team figure out how to win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.