Photo
- - - - -

Is Newton genuinely disliked around the league?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

This is one shitty town, to be a professional athlete in.

Amen. No one wants to play for the Bobcats, and if the Panthers don't get their act together, big names won't want to come here either. Easier to do in the NBA, but still. People say it's a great city to raise a family, and it is. But when you're a player, that doesn't matter all that much unless you're a rare breed like Smitty.

How come you guys don't realize this yet? Yes, people think he is too cocky. He hasnt won anything yet and still does the Superman even when you guys are down by alot. He sulks on the sidelines with a towel over his head and doesnt come accross like a leader. He is Vince Young v2.

As much as we rag on other teams' fans, guys, this dude is a rival fan and this is his opinion. I bet it's commonly shared around other teams. The non-Panthers fans who love Cam are young kids who like to emulate his swag to be honest.

Yep. And that's the way I like it. I was tired of this team being the good ole boy team that got high remarks for character in every 7-9 season.

We may still suck, but talent wise we've developed and I think once the last bastions of the old regime hit the road (looking at Gross) you'll see the locker room come a little bit closer together too.

Nobody likes if you're good.

It begins and ends with JR. The trick will be to let the next owners not be Sunday School loving, family friendly wanting, stick in the muds.

#47 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

The way there defense was dancing after every play I am surprised no one pushed Von Miller and a brawl broke out.

Our team dosent have the balls for that... We just tuck our tails, walk away and quote our leader Jordan Gross: "We gotta move on and get better for next weeks opponent".

#48 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,712 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

If this was rasslin', would Cam be considered a heel? I think he's a likable heel.

#49 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Untill he start's winning drop the superman thing and the first down celebration. It's starting to feel like Brian Bosworth under center.

#50 salafi73

salafi73

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

And the team specifically needed to be fired up, and it was a good way to try.

Yeah I don't really see why his superman dance is a big deal. He obviously is just out there having fun. The media makes it seem like he doing after every down he's doing after he puts point on the board. If yall look at the Giant game he had his head down while he did the dance, but I think he felt he needed to do the dance cuz its apart of his routine. He scores a td, does the dance, and give the ball to a fan. It could have been a momentum shift. After that td they as offense were able to move the ball but he threw those interception and yall know the story. The media hates the superman dance but has no problem with Cruz's salsa dance.

#51 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

WR's get more leeway in the area of endzone celebrations.

#52 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

It's part of the territory of having a celebration, the opponents will use it as a taunt. Back in 06, we had a few opps do the "Lights Out" dance. Chad Johnson did it in a game, which became a rallying point when Cincy blew a 21 point lead. Ellis Hobbs was smart to do it after NE took us out in Divisionals

#53 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

If this was rasslin', would Cam be considered a heel? I think he's a likable heel.

Cam would be the Rock when he was part of McMahon's corporation or whatever it was :)

#54 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I don't really mind the superman celebration, if he just kept it to the of ripping his shirt pose. Yet to come up with a new variation to the pose, and to celebrate every first down he picks up when running, is just annoying. To tell you the truth, to see so many variations to his celebrations, tells me he is actually taking time out of his day, thinking about how he is going to celebrate his next touchdown run. Two things, if a celebration is not genuine (a spontaneous celebration), then it's a showing off type play. Which is why many players around the league mock him every chance they get. Secondly, if he is thinking about his celebrations more so than improving his play on the field, well, we have a serious problem.

I just find it very strange that even though we are having such an underwhelming season, he can still celebrate like we are superbowl bound. Not only Newton, but the whole team. If we were down by 50, and we put 7 on the board, we would party like it's 1999. There's no discipline with this team, and that is why we suck.

#55 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,563 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

I would do everything to get Bill Cowher. He would deffinitely make the Panthers a playoff team. And for Gods sakes.....get another WR on the other side of Smith.

as a GM/"director of football operations" type guy, maybe.

head coach? hell no unless dick lebeau decides he wants to tag along.

#56 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

He is the Lebron James of the NFL...great talent but a microscope on him and path of eggshells he will easily walk on his way to greatness. Chud may have to be an eggshell bc its not working at all...

#57 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

He is the Lebron James of the NFL...great talent but a microscope on him and path of eggshells he will easily walk on his way to greatness. Chud may have to be an eggshell bc its not working at all...

keep dreamin bra

#58 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

IMHO, for my PSL Money, it better be Cowher.

Sorry I don't want any more half assed, on the rise coordinators 'learning' to be a HC.

I have had enough.

#59 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yet it seems like the entire Broncos defense was dancing after each whistle. Got pretty old, pretty fast.

for YOU? maybe, for THEM? hell no, they had a blast all game...

#60 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

with a much more athletically gifted passer and runner we have exactly what we had in Jake Delhomme. A stacked box, an underutilized Smith, and an expensive backfield that goes off about every third or fourth game to ciombine for 100 yards on the ground.

but this guy is on the coer of GQ and was wealthy before he even got drafted. Quite wealthy.

yeah, they hate him but the problem he is a very easy target. Does not get it done on the field and has the silly Cam-show for people to shoot at.

This is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.