Photo
- - - - -

Is Newton genuinely disliked around the league?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

DeAngelo Williams/Steve Smith Huddle: Est 2003

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Right now I'd take John Fox over this incompetent staff. A John Fox led team just came into our house and whooped our asses. Feels great!

if we had an offensive coordinator on the field playing the quarterback position and jack del rio running the defense and fox's responsibilities consisted solely of yelling at the refs, calling timeouts, giving the halftime speech, and throwing challenge flags then hell yes we would be a better team.

denver is handcuffing fox and protecting him from himself, which is genius. wish we could have done that here.

#42 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'll be honest, I never liked the Superman thing, the airplane motion he does during pre-game, or the little "1st down thing" he does.

He broke records last year, he ran 700 yds last year, he won 6 games last year. He has only led this team to 8 wins so far - other than be the #1 overall pick, he hasn't done enough for all the showboating that he does. I think thats why the media, analyst, and opposing players don't like him. His actions are critiqued because he displays a "me" attitude - "look at me, I'm Superman - but let me go mope on the sidelines too".

Other than Rogers, which QB's have so much "look at me" attitude? No wonder no one likes him.

#43 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

DeAngelo Williams/Steve Smith Huddle: Est 2003

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

really we tried losing with the crew of nice guys you'd want to marry your daughter approach. it doesn't feel any better than what we're doing now.

everything rests on the new GM and the crew he brings in. we're just going to crash back into rebuilding mode if it doesn't work out.

#44 DenBronx

DenBronx

NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I think people actually wanted to like Cam because the kids got all the talent in the world but he needs to learn how to be a leader first. Steve Smith is one of the best ever Panthers and even he doesnt like the sulking on the sideline that Cam does. But sadly, Cam may never realize he isnt bigger than the team.

I would do everything to get Bill Cowher. He would deffinitely make the Panthers a playoff team. And for Gods sakes.....get another WR on the other side of Smith.

#45 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

i don't want him liked.

i want him hated by every other team and by every other fan base.

right now, though, he's just easy pickings.

winning puts everything back in order.

if only winning wasn't so hard to do. cam's essentially screwed until he and the team figure out how to win.

#46 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

This is one shitty town, to be a professional athlete in.

Amen. No one wants to play for the Bobcats, and if the Panthers don't get their act together, big names won't want to come here either. Easier to do in the NBA, but still. People say it's a great city to raise a family, and it is. But when you're a player, that doesn't matter all that much unless you're a rare breed like Smitty.

How come you guys don't realize this yet? Yes, people think he is too cocky. He hasnt won anything yet and still does the Superman even when you guys are down by alot. He sulks on the sidelines with a towel over his head and doesnt come accross like a leader. He is Vince Young v2.

As much as we rag on other teams' fans, guys, this dude is a rival fan and this is his opinion. I bet it's commonly shared around other teams. The non-Panthers fans who love Cam are young kids who like to emulate his swag to be honest.

Yep. And that's the way I like it. I was tired of this team being the good ole boy team that got high remarks for character in every 7-9 season.

We may still suck, but talent wise we've developed and I think once the last bastions of the old regime hit the road (looking at Gross) you'll see the locker room come a little bit closer together too.

Nobody likes if you're good.

It begins and ends with JR. The trick will be to let the next owners not be Sunday School loving, family friendly wanting, stick in the muds.

#47 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

The way there defense was dancing after every play I am surprised no one pushed Von Miller and a brawl broke out.

Our team dosent have the balls for that... We just tuck our tails, walk away and quote our leader Jordan Gross: "We gotta move on and get better for next weeks opponent".

#48 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

If this was rasslin', would Cam be considered a heel? I think he's a likable heel.

#49 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Untill he start's winning drop the superman thing and the first down celebration. It's starting to feel like Brian Bosworth under center.

#50 salafi73

salafi73

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

And the team specifically needed to be fired up, and it was a good way to try.

Yeah I don't really see why his superman dance is a big deal. He obviously is just out there having fun. The media makes it seem like he doing after every down he's doing after he puts point on the board. If yall look at the Giant game he had his head down while he did the dance, but I think he felt he needed to do the dance cuz its apart of his routine. He scores a td, does the dance, and give the ball to a fan. It could have been a momentum shift. After that td they as offense were able to move the ball but he threw those interception and yall know the story. The media hates the superman dance but has no problem with Cruz's salsa dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users