• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 DeeJay

DeeJay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationHell Paso Texas
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Maybe we should be happy The broncos came in and exposed this team.

top 5 pick is coming and will someone BRING IN PLAX

#12 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Why the overreatcion....this team has given away games....some nice additions, keep the coaching staff, keep Cam, get a quality WR and risk on mid round RB and keep beefing up the D....call me crazy but the team didn't play that bad today....The offense never got into a good groove, (1) the broncos D was awesome...it was (2) you have to run the ball....at least a tease to keep the LB's from tyring to kill the QB.

#13 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGreenville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

It goes back to Hurney's philosophy of "building through the draft." You just can't do that these days. You need outside help. Not every draft pick is going to be a winner.

I will never ever cling to that loser philosophy.

#14 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I definitely would cut Gross and Gamble, which is where our biggest savings will come from.

Oh, and It's good to see you finally evaluate other players on the team not name Cam.

#15 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Maybe we should be happy The broncos came in and exposed this team.

top 5 pick is coming and will someone BRING IN PLAX

exposed the team?

it's the same crap everyone's been seeing all season.

#16 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hurney screwed this team up so bad it will take at least 3 more good drafts to try and make up for it.

We need OL, S, WR, DT.

The crappy part is that we need multiple pieces of each of those positions. We still need a #2 to compliment Smith even though we NOW(yes its been that long) need a #1 to replace him.

Need a G and T
Need Two young DTs

#17 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Why the overreatcion....this team has given away games....some nice additions, keep the coaching staff, keep Cam, get a quality WR and risk on mid round RB and keep beefing up the D....call me crazy but the team didn't play that bad today....The offense never got into a good groove, (1) the broncos D was awesome...it was (2) you have to run the ball....at least a tease to keep the LB's from tyring to kill the QB.

You are crazy. When a team loses by 22 they played very bad.

#18 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

No need for a major overhaul (the fug does that even mean?) this team easily has the talent to win, everything else needs to be retooled or changed.

Which I'm sure the next GM will promptly do. Get rid of the losers and those that have contributed to the loser mindset and we're back in the hunt. Or at the very least competitive and exciting football ffs.

#19 Thorrez

Thorrez

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I think this game Sealed Rivera's fate. We are starting to see why many teams passed on him with his multiple interviews for a HC gig. From what I understand JR didn't want him and he was Hurney's hiring?

The 90+ million backfield needs to be traded off mostly this offseason. I would re evaluate this entire OL including Gross. At least one of the RB's needs to be traded and we focus on getting one guy the meat of the carries to build a rhythm. Yeah we need a good backup, but not two starters and another overpaid guy.

DT's still suck, DB's not getting it done. LB is about the only quality position we have.

I just have to think losing at home the way we did to John Fox was the final nail in Rivera's coffin.

If Riveras faith was down to beating possibly the best team in football he is already a dead man walking. The rest of our schedule is all winnable games, that will determine if he stays or not.

Our backfield is not tradable due to hits from signing bonuses (or at least the hits next season will be higher than if we just keep them) so forget about that unless you want us to tank the next season.

#20 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

It goes back to Hurney's philosophy of "building through the draft." You just can't do that these days. You need outside help. Not every draft pick is going to be a winner.

I will never ever cling to that loser philosophy.

That loser philosophy is what New England uses EVERY year. It is how you build great teams, NOT by going out and buying up free agents.

Tell me, how did that free agent approach help the Redskins years back? How about Philly now? How did Buffalo spending umpteen millions on their Defense and vastly overpaying the 'most coveted Defensive FA in years' help them?

No, SMART, GOOD teams build through the draft. Key is you have to address needs then draft BPA AND most important, have a Quality football man as your GM that knows how to correctly evaluate talent. Hurney flat out sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users