Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, this season is a wrap.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

At least we dont have to worry about teams looking for head coaches cherry-picking Chud after the playoffs this season.. He's Junior College Caliber.

1 person likes this

Posted

We have got to get some innovative competent coaches in here.

I've had enough of "innovative." Run the damn ball. Just not on 3rd and long.

1 person likes this

Posted

I knew we were in trouble when we lost the opener to the Bucs. I had false hope when we followed that up with a win over the Saints. I had resigned myself to us sucking after the beatdown the Giants put on us in Week 3, then the close loss that we simply blew against the Falcons gave me false hope once again. But, after losing to Seattle going into the bye week, reality set in. We suck.

Posted

I've had enough of "innovative." Run the damn ball. Just not on 3rd and long.

This is soo stupid on many levels.

Just run the ball really?

If a team knows your gonna run the ball they will stuff that out.

Key is to run when the other team is expecting or defending against the pass and to pass when the defense is thinking / defending against the run.

SMH

Posted

Key is to run when the other team is expecting or defending against the pass and to pass when the defense is thinking / defending against the run.

SMH

Yeah, you're right. Giving our billion dollar backfield 10 carries was a great strategy.

Posted

It depends on completely on Denver's front with regard to how many times we should have ran the ball. In addition to down and distance and our oline play.

I didnt track all that info so I wouldnt know.

Posted

I expected to see improvement this year. It has been awful. Feels like 2010 all over again. This season is done.

Posted

This season has been a wrap for awhile now, welcome to reality though, it's not all its cracked up to be.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lord Dash has spoken. So it shall be.

1 person likes this

Posted

SMH

Ya, its called manning up and playing some damn football. Actually pushing and blocking better than your opponent. How many BASE formations did you see out there?? I would have liked to see a series with just a ace formation as a base subbing in/out one TE or a WR to make it a 3 WR set or 2 TE set. Under center was just thrown out the window.

Its like once we are behind its all shotgun draws and failed passes. Looks gimmicky. Power run was non existent. You can go on and on, but my point is that at some point you have to over power your opponent the old fashioned way, and aside from some defensive plays, there was nothing to be excited about.

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean sure on 1st downs of 1-2 yards yea over powering you man is fine.

On ever other down you need to play smart deceptive football.

Pass when they are overloading the box and expecting a run.

Run when the box is soft and they are expecting a pass.

Posted

Pass when they are overloading the box and expecting a run.

Run when the box is soft and they are expecting a pass.

Oh my goodness, someone give you an OC job...You are the very first person to ever think of that.

Defenses have this little trick called "disguising" they like to do, and we apparently can't decipher them. Cam is a statue in the pocket when he clearly has one side or the other to roll out to to give himself space, but he just zeros in on a receiver and becomes blind to his immediate area.

My problem with this season is we are not giving Cam the proper supporting cast [players and coaches] to help him grow into an NFL quarterback. I hope we dont stunt his growth forever.