34 replies to this topic

#16 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

I remember coming into this season firmly believing we where at worst a playoff bound team.

How did we become a"offense" that last year was an up and cuming power house to one that resembles a bunch of monkey flinging poo at each other.

What went wrong?

You probably have a bit of Homer Blood in you. We weren't a Playoff team. The lack of offensive power is indeed a puzzler though.

#17 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Sometimes I wonder if you are even a panther fan. You post this poo after each and every embarrassing performance. Are you Ron Rivera by chance?

That is part of the problem. Expectations got too high for both the team and Cam. I always said I was cautiously optimistic, and to be honest, this year is a lot like last year.

Everybody lays a couple of eggs every year. We did today and against the Giants. That is why losing games like ATL and CHI become so much more important.

I know it is hard to believe it right now, but these guys will learn how to win these games. Many of us thought it would happen this season. It hasn't. But it will. The last thing we need to do is just blow up the team. It needs to be refined and re-tooled and it may need new leadership in coaching.

But it will happen.

#18 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hurney's horrible trades and draft choices have screwed this team.

Then add in Chudtardation and Rivera......recipe for the 2012 Carolina Panthers.

#19 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I think it comes down to offensive coaching (in particular the option play that ruined our offence for the first half of the season), injuries (particularly Oline) and a lack of talent and leadership.

#20 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,252 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Maybe it's because we had a top five offensive line last year. And now well.......

#21 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Why the hell isnt Brandon Marshall on this team? 2 3rd round picks....are you kidding me??

#22 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,695 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hurney really destroyed this team by sticking hard to his philiosophy of having nothing by draft picks and UDFAs starting alongside aging vets with huge contracts and only signing bottom tier free agents hoping that they will somehow magically become good just so that he can tell everyone "i told you so". Forget actually signing for or trading for someone worth a damn.

#23 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Why the hell isnt Brandon Marshall on this team? 2 3rd round picks....are you kidding me??

We gave up our 3rd round pick for Olsen

#24 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

A few reasons:

1) Because he is not a chior boy. (Has been charged with physically abusing several women while in Denver and Miami)

2) I cant see him playing nice with 89 and Marty/JR knew it wouldnt work.

3) Marty's refusal to give up multiple valued draft pics for proven players. (Eventhough he couldnt draft for poo and would trade them for projects in the draft.)

4) His hands had become questionable while in Miami

5) And he can be a headcase... (I personally think his admission to having a personality disorder is BS, but thats just my honest opinion.)

Obviously im just guessing here...

#25 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

A few reasons:

1) Because he is not a chior boy. (Has been charged with physically abusing several women while in Denver and Miami)

2) I cant see him playing nice with 89 and Marty/JR knew it wouldnt work.

3) Marty's refusal to give up multiple valued draft pics for proven players. (Eventhough he couldnt draft for poo and would trade them for projects in the draft.)

4) His hands had become questionable while in Miami

5) And he can be a headcase... (I personally think his admission to having a personality disorder is BS, but thats just my honest opinion.)

Obviously im just guessing here...

7-1 with the bears. Thats all i need to know.

#26 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

7-1 with the bears. Thats all i need to know.

The Bears are 7-1 because of the insane number of take aways and scores their D has produced, NOT because of Brandon Marshall and their offense.

#27 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Marshall killed it last year and made the pro bowl with those whoever they ares at QB in Miami.

His hands were never questioned....

2,200 yards and 9 TD's in Miami with who at QB?

No one on our team can boast those numbers.

#28 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

You should probably look at Marshall's stats. He's helping them win. As is the D.

#29 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I cant imagine having Marshall with Steve Smith on the other side. Sophomore slump my ass.

#30 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,797 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

I remember coming into this season firmly believing we where at worst a playoff bound team.

How did we become a"offense" that last year was an up and cuming power house to one that resembles a bunch of monkey flinging poo at each other.

What went wrong?

Let's recap the last offseason...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com