26 replies to this topic

#16 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm sorry but I have no interest in Andy Reid.

Who better to run a team that desperately wants / needs a good running game to go with their developing young QB than a guy who thinks "runs" are just something you get from the water in Mexico.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,469 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

I won't be at all surprised if Reid takes a year off before taking another job.

He can afford to, and with all the family turmoil he's had, it's probably a good idea.

#18 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

He failed to win with all of that talent.. so hell to the F no.

talent on the teams in the NFCE is always overrated because if the markets, his teams outside of the superbowl team had no one on offense outside of Westbrook and McNabb and I mean nobody, yet the offense always performed well. He also used to have the best DC in the league with Jim Johnson till he passed away. But McDermott seems to have finally figured out how to coach defense under Rivera so if we keep him it could be an ideal situation for him here in Carolina.

Those saying we should not take Reid need a cognitive readjustment the guy has been a to 5 head coach in the league for how long and you don't want him? I laugh in your general direction.

Money says Dallas would make a big push to get him, the only 2 questions I would have are 1) would he be willing to put up with Jerry Jones and 2) would he consider Carolina a big enough coaching job that he would be willing to take it over more a more high profile job.

#19 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I won't be at all surprised if Reid takes a year off before taking another job.

He can afford to, and with all the family turmoil he's had, it's probably a good idea.

yes that is probably very likely as well

#20 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

talent on the teams in the NFCE is always overrated because if the markets, his teams outside of the superbowl team had no one on offense outside of Westbrook and McNabb and I mean nobody, yet the offense always performed well. He also used to have the best DC in the league with Jim Johnson till he passed away. But McDermott seems to have finally figured out how to coach defense under Rivera so if we keep him it could be an ideal situation for him here in Carolina.

Those saying we should not take Reid need a cognitive readjustment the guy has been a to 5 head coach in the league for how long and you don't want him? I laugh in your general direction.

Money says Dallas would make a big push to get him, the only 2 questions I would have are 1) would he be willing to put up with Jerry Jones and 2) would he consider Carolina a big enough coaching job that he would be willing to take it over more a more high profile job.

I can't see Reid considering that circus that Jerry runs in Dallas. All signs point to San Diego being the best fit for Reid if they finally get rid of Norv Turner and GM Smith. Reid is from Southern Cali, has a home in San Diego and would be a great fit for that team. I really thing Reid is going to go somewhere and do well as a coach and SD just seems perfect for many reasons.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

an andy reid WCO takes 3 years to learn. it's overly and unnecessarily (imo) complicated.

he shifted to a spread to get vick involved.

he's going to want to go back to a WCO.

i don't want to wait 3 years.

#22 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Andy Reid is burnt out man. You can just see it. This man needs to get away from football and relax for ten years.

#23 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I can't see Reid considering that circus that Jerry runs in Dallas. All signs point to San Diego being the best fit for Reid if they finally get rid of Norv Turner and GM Smith. Reid is from Southern Cali, has a home in San Diego and would be a great fit for that team. I really thing Reid is going to go somewhere and do well as a coach and SD just seems perfect for many reasons.

i can see that, didn't know about the southern cal ties

#24 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

+ i think Reid is one of the most overrated coaches in football. He's made a name for himself as some kind of QB guru but in fact only McNabb was some what successful.

Vick no
Young no
Kolb no
Detmer no
Feeley no
McMahon no
Kafka no

#25 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

To unhealthy to be a good example.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

+ i think Reid is one of the most overrated coaches in football. He's made a name for himself as some kind of QB guru but in fact only McNabb was some what successful.

Vick no
Young no
Kolb no
Detmer no
Feeley no
McMahon no
Kafka no

those QBs were all good because of the system.

like i said, tho, that system is waaaaayyyyy too complicated. anyone wanting a quick turnaround would be incredibly disappointed.

#27 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

id take him too.

but then again id take either jim mora over rivera also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com