Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Theory of All Theories: DECEMBER 21, 2012

204 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone else noticed the "speeding up" of time? It seems that throughout my years I have noticed a continuation of time progressively going by faster. This year is especially the case. I don't know about you guys, but it feels like we should still be in like July or August. Weeks go by in what feels like a few days. Where the hell has this year gone??

It is called, getting older.

Posted

Can I have a short version? of the OP ?

Ummmmmm Zod said that he bans people who posts stuff like TLDR so you best check yourself

1 person likes this

Posted

No one told me about scientific black ops.

That sounds so cool.

Posted

I respect everyone's beliefs,

I don't. Why would you?

Just because it is a "belief" does that make it automatically respectable?

Its nonsense. Deserving of zero respect.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't. Why would you?

Just because it is a "belief" does that make it automatically respectable?

Its nonsense. Deserving of zero respect.

Spoken like a true liberal. To hell with pc, or inclusiveness, or melting pot, or bipartisanship, or "co-exist", at least you are being truthful.

Posted

I just laugh when people think the mayans claimed it was the end of the world when its really 20th century nutjobs who have done so based off of false interpretation.

As I said, its essentially a dawning of a new age for them.

Everything works in cycles determined by celestial movement. Maybe something does happen at this reset moment of the long count and maybe something doesn't. If anything, it could be something Hapgood referred to and Einstein forwarded back in the day regarding Earth crustal displacement and the potential of a pole shift occurring.

I personally don't think anything supernatural will occur or the end of the world will happen.

Posted

Hey Ive got an idea!

Why don't you guys who want to convince me of the apocalypse that's coming next month PM me and we will work out a transfer of any and all of your wealth to me on the day after you expected doomsday. If your right it wont matter and the transfer will never happen.

Time to put up or shut up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Spoken like a true liberal. To hell with pc, or inclusiveness, or melting pot, or bipartisanship, or "co-exist", at least you are being truthful.

I give respect to rational thought, to intellectual considerations.

Every other person spouting off their beliefs based on nothing tangible in any way shape or form get lumped together into the same pile with me. That pile is labeled "superstition". I am not a superstitious person.

That said, they have every right to believe or practice as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

1 person likes this

Posted

so what you're saying is...

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

2 people like this

Posted

BBQ is correct... I'll be 40 in March and time noticeably passes faster now, much faster than when I was younger. I personally think that the effect is just your brain tuning out poo that doesn't matter anymore as you age.

I go to work on Monday and wake up and it's Friday now... it's almost surreal. Weeks literally pass for me now like days used to...

Yup. I turned 40 in June & agree. Only thing I would add is there's also a bit of shock when you have one of those "holy poo! I used to do this all fugging day!" moments. I busted 4 cords of wood last week & felt like i got hit by a truck.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yup. I turned 40 in June & agree. Only thing I would add is there's also a bit of shock when you have one of those "holy poo! I used to do this all fugging day!" moments. I busted 4 cords of wood last week & felt like i got hit by a truck.

Haven't really had one of those mainly because I workout way more now than I did when I was younger... my deal (and Zod and I mentioned this last week) now is getting hurt... man if I get hurt now, it takes for-freaking-ever to get better...

Posted

A old farmer explained it to me in a depressing way.

When you are 5 each year = 1/5 of your entire life.

When you are 50 each year = 1/50th of your entire life.

Thus the older you get, the less time a year will account for, so it seems to be shorter than when a year held greater meaning.

1 person likes this