203 replies to this topic

#41 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I don't. Why would you?

Just because it is a "belief" does that make it automatically respectable?

Its nonsense. Deserving of zero respect.

Spoken like a true liberal. To hell with pc, or inclusiveness, or melting pot, or bipartisanship, or "co-exist", at least you are being truthful.

#42 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I just laugh when people think the mayans claimed it was the end of the world when its really 20th century nutjobs who have done so based off of false interpretation.

As I said, its essentially a dawning of a new age for them.

Everything works in cycles determined by celestial movement. Maybe something does happen at this reset moment of the long count and maybe something doesn't. If anything, it could be something Hapgood referred to and Einstein forwarded back in the day regarding Earth crustal displacement and the potential of a pole shift occurring.

I personally don't think anything supernatural will occur or the end of the world will happen.

#43 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hey Ive got an idea!

Why don't you guys who want to convince me of the apocalypse that's coming next month PM me and we will work out a transfer of any and all of your wealth to me on the day after you expected doomsday. If your right it wont matter and the transfer will never happen.

Time to put up or shut up.

#44 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Spoken like a true liberal. To hell with pc, or inclusiveness, or melting pot, or bipartisanship, or "co-exist", at least you are being truthful.

I give respect to rational thought, to intellectual considerations.

Every other person spouting off their beliefs based on nothing tangible in any way shape or form get lumped together into the same pile with me. That pile is labeled "superstition". I am not a superstitious person.

That said, they have every right to believe or practice as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

#45 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

so what you're saying is...

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

#46 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

BBQ is correct... I'll be 40 in March and time noticeably passes faster now, much faster than when I was younger. I personally think that the effect is just your brain tuning out poo that doesn't matter anymore as you age.

I go to work on Monday and wake up and it's Friday now... it's almost surreal. Weeks literally pass for me now like days used to...

Yup. I turned 40 in June & agree. Only thing I would add is there's also a bit of shock when you have one of those "holy poo! I used to do this all fugging day!" moments. I busted 4 cords of wood last week & felt like i got hit by a truck.

#47 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yup. I turned 40 in June & agree. Only thing I would add is there's also a bit of shock when you have one of those "holy poo! I used to do this all fugging day!" moments. I busted 4 cords of wood last week & felt like i got hit by a truck.

Haven't really had one of those mainly because I workout way more now than I did when I was younger... my deal (and Zod and I mentioned this last week) now is getting hurt... man if I get hurt now, it takes for-freaking-ever to get better...

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

A old farmer explained it to me in a depressing way.

When you are 5 each year = 1/5 of your entire life.

When you are 50 each year = 1/50th of your entire life.

Thus the older you get, the less time a year will account for, so it seems to be shorter than when a year held greater meaning.

#49 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Haven't really had one of those mainly because I workout way more now than I did when I was younger... my deal (and Zod and I mentioned this last week) now is getting hurt... man if I get hurt now, it takes for-freaking-ever to get better...

Good point. I need to start working out more like I did way back yonder.

#50 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• LocationPleiades
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Lots of good info in this video!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users