Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stats to make you scream...

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Let's look at some selected stats from the 1st half of yesterday's game...

Ratio of under center to shotgun plays: 33% vs 67%

Ratio of run plays to pass plays: 29% vs 71%

Under center run average yards per play: 4.2

Shotgun run average yards per play: 2.0

Under center pass average yards per play: 11.5

Shotgun pass average per play: 4.4

Sink in yet? Okay, let's look at our touchdown drive. During that drive, we ran 5 under center plays. We ran 1 play out of the shotgun.

So that's 1 possession with 5 under center plays resulting in a touchdown.

We had 6 other possessions in the 1st half that did not result in scores. In those 6 possessions, we ran a total of 4 plays from under center. Four.

The game started off with quick short throws, with a couple of intermediates thrown in. Cam completed his first 6 passes.

Considering all the above information, can anyone provide me with a reason, any reason at all, why Chud should be the OC of this team for even 1 more day?

Great post. I would giggle like a school girl if they sh!t canned him today.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's look at some selected stats from the 1st half of yesterday's game...

Ratio of under center to shotgun plays: 33% vs 67%

Ratio of run plays to pass plays: 29% vs 71%

Under center run average yards per play: 4.2

Shotgun run average yards per play: 2.0

Under center pass average yards per play: 11.5

Shotgun pass average per play: 4.4

Sink in yet? Okay, let's look at our touchdown drive. During that drive, we ran 5 under center plays. We ran 1 play out of the shotgun.

So that's 1 possession with 5 under center plays resulting in a touchdown.

We had 6 other possessions in the 1st half that did not result in scores. In those 6 possessions, we ran a total of 4 plays from under center. Four.

The game started off with quick short throws, with a couple of intermediates thrown in. Cam completed his first 6 passes.

Considering all the above information, can anyone provide me with a reason, any reason at all, why Chud should be the OC of this team for even 1 more day?

did you chart this yourself?

Posted

Stew - 7 carries

kanye-blank-stare.gif

Posted

As soon as we started losing, we went into all out panic mode and forgot our formula to win.

Posted

7 carries

I hate my life

Posted

As soon as we started losing, we went into all out panic mode and forgot our formula to win.

We have a formula to not lose by a lot. Rivera: "That's only the second time we lost like that this year"

Posted

Man, it really is absurb how this staff has handled our offense, our running game specifically. You look at the top five rushers in this league, and you look at their highlights. (Just the other day, I was looking at Doug Martin's highlights versus the Raiders on NFL network on demand) When you see their highlights, I almost never see them getting a handoff from the shotgun formation. Yet I bet throughout this season, 80% of our runs came out of the shotgun. That is outrageous! I'm the only one who says this, but this is borderline sabotaging. I mean is someone paying Rivera under the table to mess us up, is Rivera betting against the Panthers in Las Vegas or something? This is unexplainable stuff right here.

Posted

God I hope so.

Same here.

Posted

did you chart this yourself?

Yes.

I often like to do this when I think I notice a trend on game day, but later aren't so sure. The emotion of watching the game live often gives us a twisted perception of what is going on. Actually stopping each play to look at formations, etc. gives a more balanced perspective.

2 people like this

Posted

Marguide for OC

1 person likes this

Posted

Usually, the fans exagerate how much their team is doing something wrong. In this case, I think we all underestimate how much they're doing it wrong.

Thanks for the stats. I could tell we were doing a lot of things wrong just by looking at the carries for the runningbacks but hot damn, I did not know it was so lopsided. It wasn't a blow out the entire game. They were up 24-7. That's not game over, especially when the defense got the ball back twice.

This team just can't hold a lead or come back from a deficit. Rivera is donezo. Any coach could do what he has so far. I'd keep McDermmot and bring in a new offensive minded coach to work with Cam like Bruce Arians.

Posted

So if these were stats from the first half of the game, what did the second half look like when the sky fell....this is down right scary