#16 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

As soon as we started losing, we went into all out panic mode and forgot our formula to win.

#17 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

7 carries

I hate my life

#18 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

As soon as we started losing, we went into all out panic mode and forgot our formula to win.

We have a formula to not lose by a lot. Rivera: "That's only the second time we lost like that this year"

#19 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Man, it really is absurb how this staff has handled our offense, our running game specifically. You look at the top five rushers in this league, and you look at their highlights. (Just the other day, I was looking at Doug Martin's highlights versus the Raiders on NFL network on demand) When you see their highlights, I almost never see them getting a handoff from the shotgun formation. Yet I bet throughout this season, 80% of our runs came out of the shotgun. That is outrageous! I'm the only one who says this, but this is borderline sabotaging. I mean is someone paying Rivera under the table to mess us up, is Rivera betting against the Panthers in Las Vegas or something? This is unexplainable stuff right here.

#20 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

God I hope so.

Same here.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

did you chart this yourself?

Yes.

I often like to do this when I think I notice a trend on game day, but later aren't so sure. The emotion of watching the game live often gives us a twisted perception of what is going on. Actually stopping each play to look at formations, etc. gives a more balanced perspective.

#22 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Marguide for OC

#23 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Usually, the fans exagerate how much their team is doing something wrong. In this case, I think we all underestimate how much they're doing it wrong.

Thanks for the stats. I could tell we were doing a lot of things wrong just by looking at the carries for the runningbacks but hot damn, I did not know it was so lopsided. It wasn't a blow out the entire game. They were up 24-7. That's not game over, especially when the defense got the ball back twice.

This team just can't hold a lead or come back from a deficit. Rivera is donezo. Any coach could do what he has so far. I'd keep McDermmot and bring in a new offensive minded coach to work with Cam like Bruce Arians.

#24 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

So if these were stats from the first half of the game, what did the second half look like when the sky fell....this is down right scary

#25 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I was wondering what the hell happened after that first TD drive.. It's like we just totally changed philosophies. And then once Cam threw the pick 6 and Holliday was given a TD by the refs, the collective attitude of the team reverted to our weekly 'here we go again' lethargy.

#26 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yes.

I often like to do this when I think I notice a trend on game day, but later aren't so sure. The emotion of watching the game live often gives us a twisted perception of what is going on. Actually stopping each play to look at formations, etc. gives a more balanced perspective.

I agree 100% and appreciate your efforts.

#27 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Also, we have to be bottom of the league for capitalizing on turn overs.

#28 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

This is without a doubt, the best post game thread I have read on the huddle. If there was ever a thread that someone within the Panthers organization needed to read, it's this one.

#29 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

This is without a doubt, the best post game thread I have read on the huddle. If there was ever a thread that someone within the Panthers organization needed to read, it's this one.

Yeah, but they have all this info and more. That's what the quality control guys do.

And as for someone who asked about the 2nd half, I haven't charted it yet, but it looked to me like they did in fact adjust to more under center snaps. Unfortunately, Denver had adjusted as well, and we were playing catch up, so they could just tee off on us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.