Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Do we keep McDermott...

61 posts in this topic

His last two picks went back the other way for 6. Can't believe the defense didnt put a stop to that.

Our defense is irrelevant Zod. As soon as Newton throws a pick, they've shown they dont have what it takes to win. This is one man show til I see us win games without our QB playing perfect. I dont think I will see anything raving about our D today except on this board. We made our bed, we have to sleep in it.

1 person likes this

They didnt play well enough to win or get to Manning, so again, irrelevant.

So you feel the defense needs to keep Peyton Manning to ZERO points to be considered worthy of praise?

Afterall, thats what they would have had to do in order to even tie the Broncos yesterday thanks to Cam's horrific pick 6 and the punt return.

So you feel the defense needs to keep Peyton Manning to ZERO points to be considered worthy of praise?

Afterall, thats what they would have had to do in order to even tie the Broncos yesterday thanks to Cam's horrific pick 6 and the punt return.

I feel in 2 years, having 1 win under their belt is not great or even good. A top 10 D that nobody fears. So we're on par with the Bears? Texans? Giants?

I feel in 2 years, having 1 win under their belt is not great or even good. A top 10 D that nobody fears. So we're on par with the Bears? Texans? Giants?

We are playing like a top 10 defense. The numbers don't lie.

Dosent matter, the new HC will hand pick his own staff and if JR is willing to fire him I highly doubt he will ask the new regime to retain him as part of the staff.

I personally wouldnt mind WHOEVER is calling the D stayed on, problem is, we dont know if its RR of McDerp.

They didnt play well enough to win or get to Manning, so again, irrelevant. What they do doesnt matter. If our QB turns the ball over once, its proven, their efforts just arent good enough. 1 win in 2 years is a prime example of "lowering your standards". Next we'll be bragging our kids brought home C's instead of F's so they deserve praise.

D had played well enough to win for the last 5 weeks. They are playing like a top 10 D.....which means they need an O to score about 20 pts and they will put them in position for that, even an average offense.

1 person likes this

Want to know why teams are less concerned with our D? They know its a quick 3 and out before they get another shot at em. By the end of the game, they are worn out from not getting any rest.

No, if the others leave he goes also. This was our problem in 2010 when we fired the coaching staff but left behind the GM. No we can't do that anymore tell all of them to kick rocks.

I think it should be clear to anyone that Rivera's behind the defenses success. If it were not for the terrible playcalling on the offense we would have won our last 4 games.

no thanks

while I do feel he has been solid for us.. I would much rather have the new GM bring in a completely new staff

unpopular opinion alert- Rivera could have a major hand in our defense's improved play-also vastly improved DT's from last year